Front end sag after winch/bumper install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Front end sag after winch/bumper install

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 02-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
sailr4

Front end sag after winch/bumper install

I have read several posts about spacers and lifts to level my JK after adding 225 lbs to the front end. My first question is what if I don't level it? Will driving on and offroad with the low front end damage anything? Also, what brand coil spacer is recommended? 3/4" should do, yes? Would it be better to just get longer coils? I don't have any lift kit and would like to hold off lifting for a while. Thanks for any advise for this NOOB!

Rob

sailr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Swagger
2008 JK Wrangler 

The JK already has a natural rake to it stock (down in the front). So the .75" spacers are only going to get you back to stock.

You need to decide how much wheelin your going to do and research the 2.5" and up lifts. Most of the kits do a good job of leveling the Jk out, Some have still had to add the .75" spacers to make up for the winch and bumper.

Goodluck and enjoy!
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
sailr4

Thanks! Yea, Im just trying to get back to stock for now. Lift might come later.
sailr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.