Flush mount lights...in front??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Flush mount lights...in front???

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 09-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Flush mount lights...in front???

let me start by saying im glad to be back on here after a long time. now to the nitty gritty. i have done the oval LED flush mount brake lights and im pleased with the way they turned out. i get compliments from friends when i pass them at night and at night they do look their coolest. but, how do you make the front of your yj match the rear with some flush mount LED lights??? you cant really go oval, and round turn signals i think would clash with the square headlights. so, i think i may have a marvelous idea to satisfy looks and function. what about those square flush mounts that you see on like postal trucks or big rig car trailers? you know, these guys right here'
they require a mounting hole of 5-7/16" x 3-9/16" with 1" radius corners. thats pretty dern close to the body lines that wrap around the factory lenses. i have never seen this done before so im hoping maybe ill be a pioneer for the hideous turn signals that chrysler said looks good!!! i will appreciate all input from everyone about this! thanks for reading!

ddor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I know i should have taken more photos but here is before/ after/ illuminated. Hope this sparks a few ideas for people!
forumrunner_20121027_071611.jpg   forumrunner_20121027_071636.jpg   forumrunner_20121027_071700.jpg  
Unread 10-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are a handful that have done this before with good success. Looks good

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you sir! I honestly have not seen it before. My next plan is to add some marker lights to the hard top.
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I like! What did you use for gaskets around the lenses?

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

They came with gaskets. They are the same size as whats on a early 2000 kenworth on the back side of the front fenders
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

ddor, Where did you get your lamps? I'm going to do my backs this winter and want to do the fronts as well. The PO painted all my lenses black so they "looked cool." I had to use Goof Off and graffiti remover to get most of it off, but it hazed up my lenses something awful. As long as I have to replace them, I might as well go LED.

I'm looking to go this way http://www.superbrightleds.com/searc...ox-lamps/jeep/ for the backs.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

Looks like you used the Kenworth headlight upgrade as well. I just threw a pair of those on my rig. Made a big difference in my night driving, now everyone has a reason to flash me.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

NAPA part numbers on the light 4550A, grommet 45700, pigtail 94993. Headlights are 27009, have to modify the bucket a bit, but they work great.
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Pretty sensible upgrade. LED turn signals (because of their crisp on/off time) are actually more likely to catch the attention of other drivers, so there is a safety advantage.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #11
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Actually the headlights are from jcwhitney. My front turns came from a trailer shop near the Cliffs Offroad Park.
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

I just say Kenworth as that is what Truck-Lite lists them as. Probably made by the same company, paid $100 for my lights, much better price than you can find anyplace else for the same upgrade. Seems like Delta and the other companies that are making this upgrade light think their stuff is worth gold or something.
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #13
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The ones i got from whitney were 50 bucks for the pair. Had to get bulbs separately which was fine by me. I have a commercial account at advance auto so i can buy at cost and volume. Lol. You know you own a jeep when youre at the parts store so much your nickname is in the computer! Hahaha.
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #14
ddor
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93
Looks like you used the Kenworth headlight upgrade as well. I just threw a pair of those on my rig. Made a big difference in my night driving, now everyone has a reason to flash me.
So, the kenworths use the same sealed beam style lamp that jeeps used? Most the ones i see at work look smaller than the jeeps. More like the quad lights used on 80's chevys.
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

Depending on the model yes, as do Internationals. I installed many of these headlamps in heavy trucks. I am very pleased with the brightness and availability of replacement bulbs.

Tags
flush mount lights , LED lights , turn signals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.