Fluid Film inside frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Fluid Film inside frame

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Fluid Film inside frame

I'm a fan of this product and just wanted to share how I have been using it on my Jeep for the past two years now. I picked up a gallon of it originally along with a cheap spray gun from Northern Tool and proceeded to coat the underside of my Jeep. At the time I did not have a way to get the product inside my frame in a even manner. I did a lot of research and found to equip myself with the necessary hardware of flexible hose and nozzles was cost prohibitive for my air gun.
I ran across a company that offered a plastic hose kit with 360deg brass spray nozzle for 25 bucks from TP Tools and equipment(TRE-4471). Coupled with fluid film in aerosol can for a fraction of the cost. Took 3 cans at 9$ each to coat the inside of both frame rails. Fluid film never hardens so I don't even bother cleaning the air gun or tips, no need to.

Fluid Film is more of a maintence product that will need to be applied once a year. Rust free in MN.

Ferrachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
bschurr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great creativity on the frame use. I am a fan of Fluid Film and have been for a while - it is a must for anyone with a plow not only for rust/corrosion prevention but for the blade too so that snow wont compact onto the face!
2006 Harley Davidson V-Rod
bschurr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschurr View Post
Great creativity on the frame use. I am a fan of Fluid Film and have been for a while - it is a must for anyone with a plow not only for rust/corrosion prevention but for the blade too so that snow wont compact onto the face!
Thanks. I've also plugged the frames holes that are exposed next to the tires to stop them from filling up with crap in the first place. Also drilled a small hole behind the front tires on the bottom of the frame so they can drain. Other then having the frame galvanized, I think I've covered all the bases to keep frame rust at bay, I hope

Just want to share what I have done on the cheap so others can keep their frames solid as well.

Ferrachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
auburnhunter
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have been meaning to do this as well to my LJ. Thankfully I don't live in the rustbelt, but I plan on keeping this thing forever. I also drilled two 1/2" holes in the underside of the frame in front of the rear tires. One thing I recommend when drilling the holes is to chamfer the hole from the inside of the frame. I used a die grinder with a stone that fit through the hole.

I wish someone made rubber plugs for the holes in the side of the frame and the top of the shock towers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.