finally...pulled the trigger - bought a newer Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > finally...pulled the trigger - bought a newer Wrangler

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
themadhatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

finally...pulled the trigger - bought a newer Wrangler

well my YJ, as much as I love it, is being replaced. I wanted something a bit newer and made the call today. I went ahead and purchased a 2005 Rubicon today, 6 speed manual, soft top in Patriot Blue. I hope to have pics of it soon when I take delivery as it's getting trucked up from NC in the next week or so.

Anybody want to buy a much loved YJ with rust?

themadhatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I don’t want your YJ but congrats on your new Rubi, it’s one of the best out there.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
themadhatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I don’t want your YJ but congrats on your new Rubi, it’s one of the best out there.
oh it's all good. I sold the YJ a whopping 43 minutes after I posted it for sale online last night. ...and thanks!
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Where you able to collect the whole $225.00 you were asking for it?
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats and go Patroit Blue, also got mine from NC, flew there and drove it back.
dcp_0038.jpg  
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the score, but you gotta do it right and follow 2jhanna's lead. I flew with my hound from SoCal to FLA and drove back. Best trip ever...
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
themadhatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

$1250 for it actually but still cheap by Jeep standards in my area.

---

I so wanted to drive down and get it...it would be such a great bonding experience with it but I just can't get the time off from work to do it. It's 9+ hours each way plus I do not have two consecutive days off at work do make the trip possible. Trust me, I tried to work it out, it's just not realistic for me.

Patriot Blue is probably my first choice in colors for the TJ, I'm happy to have found a clean one for myself.

here's a photo of Rusty as she sits right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.