Fender flares - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Fender flares

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 02-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
grunt0341
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Fender flares

I have a '02 TJ Sport and have been putting off getting new flares for a few years. I have scraped and painted and even tried bed liner spray which made them look good but for not long. I'm now ready for new ones but I can't make my mind up as to get same size (3 1/2- 4") or go with 7". I'm running with 31's. I'm looking at Rugged Ridge brand or possible Crown.
What's your opinion on which size?

Thanks in advance

Unread 02-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Adam013085

7" never look good IMO, but it is your Jeep. When I replaced the flares on my 02 I used rubi flares. You don't have to worry with paint fade with the rubi flares and they are a bit wider I believe.
Adam013085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I picked up a set used on Ebay. Keep your eyes open. I got the full set front and rear armor. They were made by T&T customs. Awesome 6" fenders.
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There are many options out there when it comes to flares. From pocket style (bushwacker) to flat flares to stock. All have there appeal. Get whichever one looks best to you. The flat flares will give you more clearance if that's important to you. The pocket style flares are cool looking, but they can have clearance issues. Stock flares are ok, but they can fade over time and not always give you the wheel coverage you may need to comply with state laws, if you care.
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt0341 View Post
I have a '02 TJ Sport and have been putting off getting new flares for a few years. I have scraped and painted and even tried bed liner spray which made them look good but for not long. I'm now ready for new ones but I can't make my mind up as to get same size (3 1/2- 4") or go with 7". I'm running with 31's. I'm looking at Rugged Ridge brand or possible Crown.
What's your opinion on which size?

Thanks in advance
What size tires and backspacing are you running? If you need something to cover a tire that sticks out a little bit, go with a wider Fender Flare. If you are running stock wheels and tires, go with something narrower. As far as flat versus pocket versus factory style, that is you preference based on what you like.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like a quote on some flares!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.