Fake Facts on the History of the Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Fake Facts on the History of the Wrangler

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 03-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
John1031
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Fake Facts on the History of the Wrangler

The guy who types this almost completely false article about the "History of the Jeep Wrangler" knows nothing about Wrangler. It actually pisses me off that some guy would type an article about that and have no clue what he's talking about. YJ and JK drivers will love this... article is called "Jeep Wrangler History" and this link will take you right to it.

http://www.thejeepwrangler.com/wrangler-history.htm

Thanks!

John1031 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just read it... Da faq?

Probably sent from under my broken heep
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

... it looks like it was written by an uninformed 9 year old.

Quote:
Though the vehicles were produced in Canada for many years, they were not sold under the Wrangler name was not used. Instead, it was offered as a trim level of a Chevrolet pickup.
So where do I find one of these jeep trim'd chevys???
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, I am so furious over a few typos.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
TDIJeep

WOW that is the most empty and supportless paragraph i have ever read. Composed by a 5 grader, sadly guys someone pays monthly to keep that sight hosted. IT probably the same idiot who got wikipedia all up in arms over editing there content repeatedly.
TDIJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like something from the Obama camp.

Truly mis represented and wrong.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
JWBooth
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What an idiot! "...SPACIOUS INTERIOR". HAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!
**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**LONG LIVE 4-LOW**
JWBooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #8
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I had to send them an email on that. Man I sure do love my YK.
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
VBRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDoctor View Post
Yes, I am so furious over a few typos.
x2

Mr. Madison, what you've just said ... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
VBRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Who the hell is this meatball???????

"original American Army Jeeps seen in action during the World War II, helping to liberate people and nations oppressed by the Nazi regime." Who writes this ****!! Yes it WAS gun carrying jeeps helping liberate "people". By people you think maybe he means the Jews? WTF.. This guy is a clown!
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sent an email as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper3494 View Post
Just read it... Da faq?

Probably sent from under my broken heep
x2
It was good for a laugh.
I'm confused as to what that article is for?
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #13
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well now, TECHNICALLY, the WRANGLER did not exist as a "vehicle" until 1987, so THAT much is true. Prior to that it was an option package. Also, the Wrangler name could not be used in Canada because the K10 pickup was known as the Wrangler, so that much is true as well.

The rest of it? Proof reading is obviously not one of this numbskull's strong points.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #14
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

(Quoted for posterity)
Quote:
The Jeep Wrangler: A Historical Overview

First introduced to the world in 1987, the Jeep Wrangler is perhaps one of the most recognizable vehicles that is manufactured and is definitely one of the most recognizable Jeep vehicles. The Wrangler is considered a mini sport utility vehicle and is and has always been produced by Chrysler, under the Jeep name. The Wrangler was a successor of the World War II Jeep vehicle, but was given a make over in 1987, as well as 1997 and 2007. Despite having a long history, the Wrangler is a very popular vehicle that has been able to stand the test of time. The Wrangler is known by Jeep under several names including YJ, TJ, and JK.

Starting in 1987 the Wrangler, also known as the YJ was built in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The vehicle continued to be produced at this location until 1992 when it began to be produced by Jeepís Toledo North Assembly plant that is located in Toledo, Ohio. Though the vehicles were produced in Canada for many years, they were not sold under the Wrangler name was not used. Instead, it was offered as a trim level of a Chevrolet pickup. The 1987 to 1995 models were known as the YK and the 1997 through the 2006 models were sold as the TJ. Most Wrangler fanatics all over the world refer to the vehicle as YJ or TJ to specify the model that they are talking about.

The YJ, produced from 1987 until 1995 was offered as a two door convertible as well as a two door truck. There were three different engine options that included a 2.0 liter, 4.0 liter, as well as a 4.2 liter as well as four different transmission options. The vehicle came with two different gas tanks, either a standard 15 gallon tank or an optional 20 gallon tank. Most of these models are seen with the 15 gallon tank as that was fairly standard for this type of vehicle at the time, whereas now there is a demand for greater fuel capacity.

The Wrangler produced from 1997 to 2007 was called the TJ and was offered with three different engines including a 2.4 liter, 4.0 liter, as well as a 2.5 liter. The vehicle was offered as both a two door convertible as well as a two door truck. There are three different transmission offerings including a four speed automatic, a five speed manual, as well as a six speed manual. The TJ offers a 19 US gallon gas tank, which is a compromise between the standard 15 gallon and optional 20 gallon offered on the YJ from 1987 until 1995.

The KJ is what the Wrangler will be known from the 2007 model on until it is updated again. Instead of just two different models to choose from, the KJ features two two-door models as well as two four-door models. The current engine is a 3.6 liter V6 with either a four speed automatic or a six speed manual transmission. The new KJ features a larger gas tank in the past with fuel capacity at 21.6 US gallons, which is something that a lot of consumers like.

The Wrangler is one of few vehicles that have stood the test of time, and this is because when the needs of the consumer change, the vehicle changes. While many considered the Wrangler strictly an off road type vehicle in the past, itís no longer that way with many different model options. In fact, the Wrangler can now be thought of as a family car because of its diversity, spacious interior, and safety ratings.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
Cooneys08JK
2008 JK Wrangler 

My KJ has a 21.6 gallon fuel capacity?! He must be including the gas that spews out during fill up..

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.