JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Wrangler General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/)
-   -   Drummond Island Jamboree (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/drummond-island-jamboree-1541166/)

jay-h 06-25-2013 11:22 AM

Drummond Island Jamboree

Well I'm back. Beautiful location, spectacularly scenic, and a well run event.

Couple of observations:
In the years since my first one (2010) I see quite a demographic change. Now predominantly JKs while us older guys are becoming the minority (or novelty). YJs exist now almost exclusively as YJIBO (YJ in Body Only) on built up machines, so I was kind of please to have a basically stock YJ, driven over 900 miles to get there and NOT trailered in. ;)

But some great rigs, friendly people (both the participants and the staff), good food and a good time.

I was going to post some pix, but when I try to upload, all I get is an unhelpful 'upload failed'.( Images are resized to be well within the limits.)

Rproject 06-25-2013 09:13 PM

Which YJ was yours? What group were you in? I was up there as well with my maroon on spice '87 on 31" AT's.

jay-h 06-25-2013 09:16 PM

I was with white group. White, mostly stock YJ with NJ plates.

I still can't upload pictures. Not sure why, I've done it so many times in the past

Rproject 06-25-2013 09:20 PM

Oh yeah, I remember seeing the NJ plates as I walked the lot around dinnertime.

I upload my pics to photobuckrt then IMG link them. Easier that way.

jeepwrangler97 06-25-2013 09:27 PM

Sub'd I can't wait to see pics...I've been up there with my friend's TJ & his uncle's. ..I want to make it for a jamboree sometime...such a cool place

Sent by a messenger bird

jay-h 06-25-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rproject (Post 15607688)
Oh yeah, I remember seeing the NJ plates as I walked the lot around dinnertime.

I upload my pics to photobuckrt then IMG link them. Easier that way.

Yeah. I've got to get some of my wife's pix (while I was driving she was taking pix) and upload them.

lloydsmale 06-27-2013 06:36 AM

If you would have turned around on the ferry and looked back to the yacht habor. You would have saw a bigger white house with a pillar porch. thats was my grandpas house. We lived in detour until i was in 3rd grade. dad worked at the quarry on the island. Still get over there occasionaly as most of my relitives still live there. We wheeled on the island back before it was popular. A 4x4 and a box of beer put smiles on the face of us back when were were 16!!!! For all you young guys im talking back in the early 70s. I still remember spending most of the summer at my cousins in detour. LOVED IT! He had lots of toys and the nearest police was 60 miles away in saulte st marie and rarely came to town. It was routine to see 12 year old kids driving dads car to the store. I can remember at about 14 the cousin had a home made sand rail with a corvair motor in it. His older sister was married to a car salesman in lansing and allway brought him cool toys. We had a ball in that sand rail!!!! Good memorys!

grogie 06-29-2013 08:42 AM

Yes, do share pictures please. I'm visiting Drummond in September as the wife and I have rented a cabin.

How are the bugs at this time of the year?

jay-h 06-29-2013 09:04 PM

OK lets see if this works:

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/told...31466.jpg.html

It should be scrollable with the mouseover icons. But with Photobucket you can never tell what you will get.

jay-h 06-29-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grogie (Post 15620943)
Yes, do share pictures please. I'm visiting Drummond in September as the wife and I have rented a cabin.

Beautiful island. Well worth it.

While we were there, bug level was not bad.

radrick 07-03-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grogie (Post 15620943)

The bugs should not be bad that time of the year. They may have already had a frost by then. we usually go in mid to late august and the bugs are not bad.

The time now is 05:50 PM.