dont understand off roading? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > dont understand off roading?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 11-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
buZZBomb_
1988 YJ Wrangler 

dont understand off roading?

inlaws are in town,so i showed them my bad *** yj."I dont understand why anyone would want to go off roading." man and machine is all i could get out.ill have them read the replies before they go.

buZZBomb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
06_LJCON
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Words really cant describe just take them for a ride and who wouldn't learn to love it!

(SOLD) 1987 wrangler 2.5L 5-speed BLACK!
S.O.A. with 4" springs and a 2" body lift. Lincon locked front. 33" TSL's NEED bigger tires!!

(WRECKED) 2002 Apex Wrangler 4.0L 5-Speed Silver
2.5" skyjacker single flex, skyjacker shicks, Rock Krawler adjustable lower control arms f/r, 1.25" JKS body lift, 1" JKS motor mount lift, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Warn engine/transmission skid plate, Rock Crusher Front diff cover, Poison spyder rocker knockers, 1.25 wheel spacers, 4.10 gears f/r, Detroit Trutrack rear, aussie automatic locker front

(CURRENT) 2006 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited LJ 4.0L 6-speep, Silver, 3.5" Rubicon express lift with Rubicon express disconnects. Hella 500 lights, HID Bi-xenon headlights, Rock-It intake, Red top Optima, Factory MOPAR rocker knockers, TNTCustoms Front full tube fenders, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2, Black steel wheels.
06_LJCON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my mom cant figure why i would dump all this money just to tear it up. it is hard to understand, but I get it, and that is all that matters
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
jakemary
1977 CJ7 

my dad dont understand it either
so i took him out a couple time and liked it. he wont run out and buy a jeep.
my wife loves it she never has gone but when i go i take the kids and it is a day to herself.
jakemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #5
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Tell them if they walked to some of the places we 4-wheel to, they'd be too exhausted to enjoy the scenery. And a car won't get them there either.
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-newbie View Post
Tell them if they walked to some of the places we 4-wheel to, they'd be too exhausted to enjoy the scenery. And a car won't get them there either.
you mean like this

ya, ya its not a jeep
Unread 11-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

your inlaws sound like boring unimaginative people

why would anyone do anything?
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 05:09 AM   #8
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-newbie View Post
Actually, a lot of the trails I do could be covered a whole lot faster (and cheaper) on foot.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 05:27 AM   #9
randyandy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's a jeep thing - they wouldn't understand!
Unread 11-12-2008, 05:54 AM   #10
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

I can understand not intentionally driving into a solid brick wall at full speed or taking a sledge hammer and pointlessly beating the body and busting the windshield with it for no good reason. Being a flatlander, I'm still trying to get my mind around the concept of rock crawling and intentionally driving over something that is going to cause me to flip upside down when the same destination can be reached by simply driving 10' to the left or right. Now, mudding is a lot of fun and going on outdoor adventures is fun, through forests, streams, marsh, etc. But going do something for the express purpose of breaking a vehicle, hoping to get stranded is not my idea of fun, especially when I was a poor college kid just trying to keep my yj drivable. My JK is my hurricane recovery vehicle and has been put to good real world use in that regard. I guess I'm the odd one out for not needlessly tearing up my vehicles and equipment without good reason.

Just offering a different opinion here, that's all. I've taken my JK through the Ozarks and Ouichita National Forest , and drove it home, none the worse for wear and had the time of my life.
Unread 11-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #11
melius
2003 TJ Wrangler 

and mud tears things up to. If you dont want were and tear on a vehical leave it parked. Just saying mud can do just as much damage as rock crawling. Last weekend brother in law and i went to a campground and that's all it was was mud. cost him a new alternator, batery, battery terminals, air filter, another guy it cost him his water pump and starter. Just saying mud can reak havoc as well. for the OP take them for a ride on a trail, nothing to hard, just an easy trail they can enjoy the scenery.
melius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #12
SpoiledRotten
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My dad is one that hates to see me take my nice Jeep into the trails. I'm right at 50 yrs old. He's 77 and my mom is 75. I took them on some simple trails and they had a blast. I was watching them both out of the corner of my eye and they had a grin on their face from ear to ear. They don't understand what you tell near as well as they will understand what you show them. Just don't try to scare them with some crazy hill climb.
Christian Jeepers _ Member #2
United Four Wheel Drive Association _ Member
National Rifle Association _ Member
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

divorce their daughter, you need new inlaws!

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #14
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

they have no Zen, no Karma.

Show them a few pictures of where you can go, how you can experience LIFE in a Jeep.
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way.
In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
Prot
Gold Member

2014 JK Wrangler 

Awesome pictures Hilldweller!

That's my kind of jeeping. Glad to see I'm not the only one that enjoys stuff like that without needlessly breaking stuff on purpose.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.