Dont know where to post this...but order from jeepaddons if you like to wait - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Dont know where to post this...but order from jeepaddons if you like to wait

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Jandaso
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dont know where to post this...but order from jeepaddons if you like to wait

Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Scott] Hello, my name is Scott, how may I help you?

[Jan ] Hello sir

[Jan ] apparently your phones are down

[Jan ] is that correct?

[Scott] Us along with a good portion of the southeast from what I hear

[Jan ] oh wow...didnt know that .

[Jan ] received an email from Rosa Messer ext. 1014 regarding my order

[Jan ] she wanted me to call her today

[Scott] Windstream Comm had a major failure today. Hopefully we are back up soon.

[Scott] She is in until 5, but she does not have access to the chat system. Can you shoot me that order number?

[Jan ] P0161017

[Scott] What was the email about Jan, I don't see any notes here in the computer/

[Jan ] she wrote me this

[Scott] I do know the product is expected in port this week, hoping to have them go out late this week or early next from our contact with Engo

[Jan ] we are waiting on this to come in, this will be shipping to you from the main manufacturer, I am sorry for the dealy, please give us a call on monday, thank you and have a great day.

[Scott] she may have just wanted to update you on the status if anything. I tried to shoot her a message but she hasn't replied yet.

[Jan ] ok...yeah i was just hoping to get it on my front door for this week...i just had a big weekend planned and i really needed the winch

[Scott] I have to be honest, if they are not in port today, I think we will ruin your weekend

[Jan ] yeah i think that would be the casae

[Jan ] case

[Jan ] i will be too optimistic if it actually arrives today

[Scott] Jan, I checked with one of our guys in purchasing here. Got an email Friday saying the port has the ship scheduled for the 11th now

[Jan ] o wow !!

[Scott] no kidding there. I have a pile of calls to do now if I can get a reliable phone line

[Jan ] oh well man...hopefully you guys can do something for the customers...it was good the amount of money i saved when i ordered from you guys but that amount doesnt justified almost a month of wait.....

[Scott] I'm sorry Jan. It rolls down hill unfortunately. We are all at the mercy of the port crew and Customs at the moment. If they can get a better unload time I'm sure they will take it.

[Jan ] i guess i will wait...but wont order no more from you guys....dont like my chances with that "we are all at the mercy thing" and still waiting for a product that my understanding was that it was in stock at the moment i placed the order.

[Scott] Jan, you will have the same potential from anywhere you order from. I'm sorry you feel that way.

[Jan ] Im going to do some research and get back with you guys..i think this is by far really unacceptable....sorry not your fault. but maybe a real time inventory system to allow the customer at least a moment to see if he actually wants to go ahead with the purchase or wait till that "in stock" time rolls in.

[Scott] I have worked with real-time inventory too Jan, it is a two-edge sword. One in stock and two callers for it, first guy to the shelf wins.

[Jan ] what about any other engo winch ??

[Jan ] is there anything available to be shipped ?

[Scott] Nothing in the Engo price range Jan

[Jan ] so pretty much... is Jan sorry for the delay....we actually dont have the capability of knowing what we have in stock but we keep taking orders and just be at the mercy of our distributors to actually be able to complete those orders... and you were caught on that part of our bad business practice. sorry just wait.

[Scott] Jan, I don't know who took your order, nor what that person told you over the phone. I can see what I have in my warehouse at anytime. As for the manufacturer warehouse, not always. If we are out, we can dropship from most of our suppliers direct to you rather than it coming to us first, further delaying your order.

[Jan ] Just letting you guys know that I wont be ordering anything else from your website and that this in fact is going on the Jeep Forums where you guys post your specials...people need to know that you guys offer good prices but that comes with the possibility of waiting a lot for the product and the customer service not doing anything to get the better part of the customer.

I decided not to cancel the order since pretty much is not the same time i would have waited if i ordered from somewhere else.

Jandaso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandaso View Post
Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Scott] Hello, my name is Scott, how may I help you?

[Jan ] Hello sir

[Jan ] apparently your phones are down

[Jan ] is that correct?

[Scott] Us along with a good portion of the southeast from what I hear

[Jan ] oh wow...didnt know that .

[Jan ] received an email from Rosa Messer ext. 1014 regarding my order

[Jan ] she wanted me to call her today

[Scott] Windstream Comm had a major failure today. Hopefully we are back up soon.

[Scott] She is in until 5, but she does not have access to the chat system. Can you shoot me that order number?

[Jan ] P0161017

[Scott] What was the email about Jan, I don't see any notes here in the computer/

[Jan ] she wrote me this

[Scott] I do know the product is expected in port this week, hoping to have them go out late this week or early next from our contact with Engo

[Jan ] we are waiting on this to come in, this will be shipping to you from the main manufacturer, I am sorry for the dealy, please give us a call on monday, thank you and have a great day.

[Scott] she may have just wanted to update you on the status if anything. I tried to shoot her a message but she hasn't replied yet.

[Jan ] ok...yeah i was just hoping to get it on my front door for this week...i just had a big weekend planned and i really needed the winch

[Scott] I have to be honest, if they are not in port today, I think we will ruin your weekend

[Jan ] yeah i think that would be the casae

[Jan ] case

[Jan ] i will be too optimistic if it actually arrives today

[Scott] Jan, I checked with one of our guys in purchasing here. Got an email Friday saying the port has the ship scheduled for the 11th now

[Jan ] o wow !!

[Scott] no kidding there. I have a pile of calls to do now if I can get a reliable phone line

[Jan ] oh well man...hopefully you guys can do something for the customers...it was good the amount of money i saved when i ordered from you guys but that amount doesnt justified almost a month of wait.....

[Scott] I'm sorry Jan. It rolls down hill unfortunately. We are all at the mercy of the port crew and Customs at the moment. If they can get a better unload time I'm sure they will take it.

[Jan ] i guess i will wait...but wont order no more from you guys....dont like my chances with that "we are all at the mercy thing" and still waiting for a product that my understanding was that it was in stock at the moment i placed the order.

[Scott] Jan, you will have the same potential from anywhere you order from. I'm sorry you feel that way.

[Jan ] Im going to do some research and get back with you guys..i think this is by far really unacceptable....sorry not your fault. but maybe a real time inventory system to allow the customer at least a moment to see if he actually wants to go ahead with the purchase or wait till that "in stock" time rolls in.

[Scott] I have worked with real-time inventory too Jan, it is a two-edge sword. One in stock and two callers for it, first guy to the shelf wins.

[Jan ] what about any other engo winch ??

[Jan ] is there anything available to be shipped ?

[Scott] Nothing in the Engo price range Jan

[Jan ] so pretty much... is Jan sorry for the delay....we actually dont have the capability of knowing what we have in stock but we keep taking orders and just be at the mercy of our distributors to actually be able to complete those orders... and you were caught on that part of our bad business practice. sorry just wait.

[Scott] Jan, I don't know who took your order, nor what that person told you over the phone. I can see what I have in my warehouse at anytime. As for the manufacturer warehouse, not always. If we are out, we can dropship from most of our suppliers direct to you rather than it coming to us first, further delaying your order.

[Jan ] Just letting you guys know that I wont be ordering anything else from your website and that this in fact is going on the Jeep Forums where you guys post your specials...people need to know that you guys offer good prices but that comes with the possibility of waiting a lot for the product and the customer service not doing anything to get the better part of the customer.

I decided not to cancel the order since pretty much is not the same time i would have waited if i ordered from somewhere else.
This is nothing new. It happens quite often when buying foreign items. Personally I think you were slightly rude to the dude who answered the phone/IM. Next time buy American is all I can say.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think that's perfectly acceptable. It's a winch, not a part needed to fix a broken down/not running jeep. It's not exactly essential. I don't think a month is terribly long to wait, but maybe I'm just patient. I ordered an OME rear trackbar bracket from northridge4x4 and it took about two weeks to get here because they had to ship it from OME direct. It takes much longer to get something if they have to go through the manufacturer to ship it, especially if they're father away. I guess it really comes down to if shipping time justifies the price, which for you it didn't. It's good that this had been brought up, but I highly doubt this is a regular occurrence.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have ordered plenty from Chris he has spent many hours directing me on my build its not the vendors fault that there foreign winches that take forever to get through our shores. I also think you were slightly rude I've ordered hundreds of dollars worth of things from Chris every once in awhile there's a hiccup but there always good to straighten it out.
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yep you were rude. I've ordered from Chris before and the service was great. The yoke on the SYE I ordered was machined to large , after he sent me a couple new seals ( free of charge) I oppted for a different manufactures SYE and he sent it out the same day. Was on my door step in 2 days. Try waiting 11 months for a set of axle shafts.

Sent from my XT881 freezeray gun using JeepForum
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
bobjp

What was the estimated shipping time? If they aren't meeting it, I wouldn't be happy either.
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am another who has ordered from Chris and have nothing but praise for the way he represents his company and the offroading community. If you want a foreign made winch, walk into 4wheelparts and pick one up. At least then you can have a counter to slam it on when it breaks.

Not being a jerk, that's exactly what I did. I love warranties!!!
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #8
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is yet another example of the "good, fast, cheap" rule. You can only pick 2. It sounds like you got good and cheap, not fast. This is why I try to buy American and local.
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #9
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well even USA made can mean wait. Some of the vendors are busier than normal with Jeep sales as good as they are. JCR you even have to Click the box now that states you KNOw and agree that your order can take up to 5-15 working days to build. I have no trouble with that. PSC has been behind too. But i will wait for a well built american product everytime.

If its on a boat from china or has not left the docks in china. not to much you can do. wait for cr@p. it will come.
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I waited for the better part of five months for my lightforce covers to get here. Well worth the wait and proves that not all things imported are of lesser quality.
Unread 05-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #11
wesboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hate when vendors advise items are in stock, take your order then say 'Oh wait, it's not in stock after all - looks like you will just have to wait - Oh well, nothing we can do.'
Or better still, not bother to tell you at all and next month you are wondering why you are still waiting for your order which was apparently in stock.
So you contact them. They then advise item will be available 'in a couple of days' or 'next week' - which doesn't happen.
You contact them again the following week and get the same BS.
This goes on for a few months...
A bunch of asshats working for a company starting with 'Q' immediately comes to mind...
I've got all the patience in the world and most times am happy to wait if that's what the situation is but is it too hard for the vendor to let you know if a wait can be expected?
Luckily I have found other vendors who value giving honest information when you are ordering.
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I know how ya feel I was having this issue with Rokmen on there sliders which are still backed up. If your unhappy get your money back and shop elsewhere if you really want that product you're gonna have to wait sucky deal.
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
Unread 05-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

This type of thing happens. But it does suck.

If I order something and it's not in stock I should be notified immediately when it processes.

Morris4x4 did the same thing to me. I ordered a part and 3 days later no shipping info.

So i called and they said it's back ordered, OK fine.....were you going to tell me.....
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hopefully the OP comes back and shares his experiences after I was made aware of the situation.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
JeepAddOnsChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAddOnsChris View Post
Hopefully the OP comes back and shares his experiences after I was made aware of the situation.
I would like to thank you Chris for helping me with all the times I've called you. Soon enough I'll be calling in an order for some wheels. As for the original poster you have to realize yourself anything that comes in this country in a decent sized box will take forever to get through customs. Blame it on terrorism.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.