Does a vehicle define ones personal life style - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Does a vehicle define ones personal life style

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 04-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed2566 View Post
My girlfriend has a subie. Maybe I need to have a talk with her...
hehe...

"Hello group, my name is Jay and I have a Subie.."

You gotta like them though. Low center of gravity boxer engines, symmetric with the center line of the car ... by far the best engine transmission layout of any small car, fairly trouble free. It makes a great beater car.

I think, getting back to the original post, the car doesn't (hopefully) define a person, but does reflect a person. I have two Jeeps because I love them and they're both old. As I see it, a well maintained old car has a lot of class and impresses me more than a new car.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

NO!

NO!!!

NO!!!!

how you live your life defines it.

If your vehicle doesn't reflect how you live....

then you are F*&^%$,,,,

nuf said
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #18
rubiconrich
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep reflects who I am. I love the forests/mountains, so does my Rubi. I stand on my own two feet, so does my Jeep. I am a loner. My Wrangler lets me off-road alone. Love hiking the mountains. My Jeep lets me have a great view of the sky and wind in my hair. I could go on and on.....
rubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
1shotwonder
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldnt say it defines a person, but it does tell you something about the person. Dont deny it, everyone judges people by the car they drive.
Someone driving a mommy van. Whats the first thing that comes to your mind? The first thing that comes to me are the stupid *** stick figure family thats probably on the back window, followed by a family inside ranging from a couple months old to 40+. Someone driving a Porsche or lambo. First thing that comes to my mind, either some 50 year old guy who's having a mid life crisis, wants to turn heads and is a CEO someplace... ORRR a 20 year old or younger who doesn't understand what the true value of a dollar is, because they're pampered living at home with mommy and daddy and get everything they want.
Just my .02 cents
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwonder View Post
... Someone driving a Porsche or lambo. First thing that comes to my mind, either some 50 year old guy who's having a mid life crisis, wants to turn heads and is a CEO someplace... ORRR a 20 year old or younger who doesn't understand what the true value of a dollar is, because they're pampered living at home with mommy and daddy and get everything they want.
Just my .02 cents
There's another factor too. There's a big difference between some guy in a new Porsche (has money) and a 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera (he's got class).

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
Unread 04-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It does. People spend a lot of time in their vehicles, so what they drive, the condition of the vehicle, and even how clean they keep it defines you as a person.

I am an anal person that likes to keep tidy but has an adventurous side. So my Jeep was always clean, both inside and out (not that I was afraid to get it dirty). Having the Jeep with a lot of desert pinstriping down the side implies the adventurous side of me.
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress
It does. People spend a lot of time in their vehicles, so what they drive, the condition of the vehicle, and even how clean they keep it defines you as a person.

I am an anal person that likes to keep tidy but has an adventurous side. So my Jeep was always clean, both inside and out (not that I was afraid to get it dirty). Having the Jeep with a lot of desert pinstriping down the side implies the adventurous side of me.
Awh that means I'm a slob lol!

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
Rubby04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

a lot of great input, I laughed at several of the comments made, its been a few days since I last checked on the thread. I have several vehicles myself, 1979 Trans Am (fixed to be a nice driver), a lowered 1986 S-10, a 2005 V Star 650, and my 04 Rubicon. I guess a vehicle can and can not but it does show his or her interest in life, and as someone else stated, people do sort of make a judgment about others by what they drive, I believe that.

Like RubiconRich, I to am sort of a loner type of guy, I have always like being able to have the ability to drive anywhere I want, while others have to park and walk down a rough washed road. I sort of have this thing called stubbornness, I don't like not being able to point my vehicle somewhere I want to go.
Rubby04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #24
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think it does to a certain extent, espcially if you only have 1 car. You buy a Honda civic, it's clear you value efficiency/ cost, so you'd be a more frugal person. You buy a corvette, you might value fun/ appearances over practicality/ cost effectiveness. Personally I value fun/ capability over effieciency, so I bought a jeep.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #25
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No.

Plenty of accountants ride Harleys.

Army Jeep Club Bumper # C34
Colorado Jeep Club Member #1970

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #26
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Corvettes actually get great mpg.... go figure huh....
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

shouldn't that be the other way around? my lifestyle dictates what vehicle i have.

i never bought a jeep, or any other vehicle, trying to make myself something else
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #28
GrassLakeRon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You are what you eat, wear, learn, and believe so yes to what you drive.
GrassLakeRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #29
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post
Corvettes actually get great mpg.... go figure huh....
Slippery shape, low rolling friction, minimal weight ... not a surprise.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
shouldn't that be the other way around? my lifestyle dictates what vehicle i have.

i never bought a jeep, or any other vehicle, trying to make myself something else
I think that's what he's getting at. Your vehicle is a definition of you, like a reflection.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.