Do you lock your doors? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 12:01 AM
jeepinjohn88
1999 TJ Wrangler 

my soft doors from bestop never came with locks, and if they did i would never lock them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 12:15 AM
inkpen00
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i do.... jsut cause i could possibly get a new top!! haha
post #33 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 11:46 AM
surfingopher
1998 TJ Wrangler 

im in the habit of never locking my tj- which always gets me in trouble with the girlfriend when i never lock her jk even though it has remote locks

post #34 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Painbow6
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I always lock mine.

But I also run only a safari top 365 days/year. Knife that!!

Past rigs:

2004 LJ- 35's and stuff
1978 Land Rover Series III- Winston, you will be sorely missed.
post #35 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 01:52 PM
shelli1571
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I never lock mine cause I don't want my top sliced. These thiefs are too dumb to figure out they can just unzip the freaking windows. I don't have anywhere in the Jeep that I can lock anything up. The lock is broken on the console. I just make sure I don't leave anything valuable in it. If I conceal carry and I can't take it in, I make sure beforehand that I drive the car instead and lock the .38 in the glovebox.

---Shelli---
post #36 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 02:00 PM
JTS-Rubicon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I generally lock mine... but now that I think about it... WHY??

2006 White Rubicon
Front and Rear ARB Lockers, 4.88 Gears, RK LA's, Swayloc, UTurn, 9.5ti
post #37 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 02:02 PM
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i dont have keys for my doors, bought my doors used

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
yjbogger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a hard top but i thought this story kinda went along with this. I dont ever lock my doors cuz i have full doors from another jeep and dont have the keys to them. in the back of my jeep i had some spare tail lights from the guy i bought it from cuz he broke them pretty often on the trail. they were just sitting there in plain view. (for record im in the army and the jeep was parked on post) so one day a guy decided he needed a tail light for his jeep. took mine off the jeep itself, and just cut the wires instead of unpluggin them. All he had to do was open the back of my jeep and take one of those just layin there in the back and he wouldnt have to rewire his. Also if he would have just asked me i would have givin him one of the spares for nothing. so i just put one of the others on right then. people are so stupid. so much easier to open the back and take one that was layin there.
post #39 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
yjbogger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just for fun sometimes when i have the top and doors off when im walkin away from my jeep i point the key at it and say beep beep just to mess with the people around me. who doesnt enjoy that.
post #40 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 04:58 PM
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

At the gym (near a methadone clinic mind you) I never lock the doors. At school I do because theirs too many little pricks that would mess around with it if it was that easy to get into. I've had a lit cigarette thrown in my Jeep and one in my buddies Duramax one day as a prank, don't want that to happen again. It'll be doorless most of the time soon anyways, if I find someone in it, they won't do it again. In town/public it all depends on where it is.

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #41 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 PM
JWitt333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

nope. if they want in let them. as far as the doors being stolen, i dont even have the nuts on my half doors. thats what ins is for.

'99 Gunmetal TJ
Blue Jeep Club Member #256
4" RC X-Series, 1in BL
Rokmen Armor
KC Day Lighters, 33 BFG M/T
with more to come
OlllllllO
post #42 of 48 Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No locks on my soft doors. I don't leave any valuables in my jeep. Insurance will cover any major loss due to damage to the windows or the doors getting stolen.
post #43 of 48 Old 02-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Offroadchris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin2nd View Post
Never lock the doors if i want to keep something i dont leave it in the jeep and i agree thieves are morons when it comes to steeling out of a jeep with a soft top lol. I do have a funny story where i had the top off the jeep and the windows rolled down a buddy of mine didnt roll up the window and locked the door. when we came back to the jeep he was standing by the door with that WTF look on his face like i was supposta unlock the door, I would have fell out the jeep if i hadnt had the door on laughing at him when he relized he could just reach in and unlock the door and get in. I looked at him smacked him on the forhead and said "should have had a V8" lol
dont you love how smart your friends are some times? one of my buddys, i had the top off the jeep and i jumped in the jeep from the back of it didnt even open the door. my buddy went to the door waiting for me to unlock it. so i start the jeep and i start moving forward and and stoping... finaly he realised theres no top to the jeep and you can just jump in. gets them every time! but on another note, my gf always locks the doors when the tops off...... i dont understand it. and an even better one, the gf was at work with the jeep. calls me up crying. she goes i locked the keys in the jeep can you come down here with your set? .......... so of course i start messing with her. i said ok relax. ill be down there in a few hours.. in the mean time just relax. why dont you unzip the softtop and wait in the jeep till i get there....... this long pause on the phone...... then she goes oh my god im so stupid.

"My jeep is a death trap, so get out of the way."
"Stupid posts get stupid replys! Its not my fault thats just how it goes."
post #44 of 48 Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

Don't lock my doors at all, I bought my full steel doors used and the locks dont work properly. If I could secure another set of hard doors with working locks I would lock my doors only when the hardtop is on.

When it goes back to half steel doors and the softop the doors dont get locked, I keep nothing valuable in my Jeep and if there is something it gets locked up in my ammo crate center console.

"When Life starts to pass you by..............Downshift"
Then again that used to be my motto until I got the Jeep, now that doesn't even work half of the time.

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
post #45 of 48 Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Louie4
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Never do. Since I have a soft top there is no reason to when a pocket knife can get around that.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.