Difference in JK Wrangler spoke rims and JK Rubicon rims? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
CMT1

Difference in JK Wrangler spoke rims and JK Rubicon rims?

I am looking at buying some OEM rims off a 07-09JK and see rims off JK standard models and Rubicon models. Is there a difference in the rims? From the pictures they look like the same design (5 spoke 17”) but appears the Rubicon’s are polished where the other are just Grey paint? Is this correct?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-03-2009, 03:22 PM
buickgnx88

X models and Rubicon models do have the same wheels, but the X has silver painted while the Rubicon has machine faced.

Rob99: It can't be a scam. There's pictures of Asian people in business suits pointing at charts and graphs.
Pvt_Joker: One time i had a taco at taco bell, later i got the runs. Therefore, all tacos ever will always make me sit on the toilet for three hours. This concludes my study.
2006sport: You just backpedaled so fast you did the moonwalk.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-04-2009, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
CMT1

Thanks,
Just purchased a set of JK Rubicon wheel and tire. Ordered my Spidertrax wheel adaptors for my TJ to run the JK wheels. Hope it works out as well I plan it to. Little concerned about the JK's rims backspacing and the spacers, but my pencil whipping show's it to be about what the factory TJ rims are.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
N2rock

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
Thanks,
Just purchased a set of JK Rubicon wheel and tire. Ordered my Spidertrax wheel adaptors for my TJ to run the JK wheels. Hope it works out as well I plan it to. Little concerned about the JK's rims backspacing and the spacers, but my pencil whipping show's it to be about what the factory TJ rims are.
JK wheels are 6.25" back spacing.

for details and info on our JK's, check out http://n2rock.com

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.