Custom order times? - JeepForum.com

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mixdup

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-18-2016, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
mixdup
2015 JK Wrangler 

Custom order times?

Hey guys. Getting back into the Jeep world, I stopped by a dealership over the weekend and put in a custom order for an Unlimited Willys edition. The dealership said it could take 12 weeks or longer, but this was after I had decided not to go through with a used Wrangler they were trying to sell me. What's the going delivery time on a custom Willys (nothing really special other than the tow package added)? I'm wondering if they quoted me that time to try to discourage me from ordering it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-18-2016, 01:29 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

I feel like mine (custom order unlimited willys) took like 6 weeks
post #3 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 10:48 AM
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
We do company cars at work. We get a few options of vehicles, pick paint and interior, and that takes 4 months. Just put mine in for August delivery.

I bet you could find a Willys out there for less than dealer list if you are not so specific about things as you mentioned. Can have that bad boy in your driveway tomorrow.

._______
/_l__[___],
l--|--|--L
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
post #4 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 11:36 AM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by propped1 View Post
We do company cars at work. We get a few options of vehicles, pick paint and interior, and that takes 4 months. Just put mine in for August delivery.

I bet you could find a Willys out there for less than dealer list if you are not so specific about things as you mentioned. Can have that bad boy in your driveway tomorrow.
This... Search all over america. If you save a few grand good on you. Some of the savings would be ate up because of the plane ticket. I know someone that did this when I bought a Evo.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
mixdup
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by propped1 View Post

The only specifics I want are bluetooth and a 6-speed. I can drop the tow package and put on my own hitch

None within 200 miles according to Jeep.com, unless of course I want one decked out and spend $8,500 more than I planned

The order is already in, although I'd only be out $500 if I didn't get it. Just curious how long it will take. I'm OK with waiting
post #6 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 12:26 PM
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
This... Search all over america. If you save a few grand good on you. Some of the savings would be ate up because of the plane ticket. I know someone that did this when I bought a Evo.
Funny you should mention:

I was looking for a black stick and got a red rock auto. Why would I do such a thing? In 2008 the JKs were new, but used 07s were popping up. A brand new Sahaha with the options I have was $29,875 in '07 (4.10, dual top, auto, bluetooth, Mopar wheel locks, etc.). I still have my window sticker.

I found mine sitting on a Dodge dealer lot with 8500 miles on it, and they were asking 24800. This dealer was in Elizabethtown PA (lived in near east downtown Cincinnati at the time). I got approved from my bank and we went back and forth on the price. Settled at 22,500. I told them I'd need to fly out and the ticket was going to be $320. Sent them the itinerary I was looking at and said, "pay for that and I'll be out in 2 days" (June 30th - end of quarter/end of month). Deal. Drove it back to Iowa for the weekend and my Parents 4th of July party. 1200 miles of bliss (and 4 tanks of gas - today would be 5 tanks of gas haha)

I've put some significant money in mine since then, but it is still worth that as it sits, and I am just barely over what a new Rubi costs today. Deals can be had, and the local dealer is not always the answer.

They are out there.

._______
/_l__[___],
l--|--|--L
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
post #7 of 11 Old 04-20-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
mixdup
2015 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I'm not willing to compromise on literally the entire jeep. I consider the transmission, trim, and color to be pretty significant "compromises"
post #8 of 11 Old 04-21-2016, 08:41 AM
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixdup View Post
Yeah, I'm not willing to compromise on literally the entire jeep. I consider the transmission, trim, and color to be pretty significant "compromises"
And I'd rather have the $7500 (financed, more like $8500 over the life of the loan - if thats what youre doing). I could put a manual in and paint it for less than that (albeit not a high end paint job, but neither is the one you get from FCA). We all have our priorities... and its just money.

._______
/_l__[___],
l--|--|--L
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
post #9 of 11 Old 04-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Willys2TJ
2016 JK Wrangler 

FWIW, Its been a few months ago but when I put in my order for a 16 Willys JKU at the end of last Sept. they told me 8-10 weeks but it came in the first week of November, about 5 weeks.

Playing with Jeeps since the 60's.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
mixdup
2015 JK Wrangler 

Well, I took the advice and started looking farther out and found a couple of jeeps a few hours away (New Orleans and North Carolina, I'm in Alabama) so I took my truck to a local Carmax-style "no haggle" place to get it appraised, didn't want to deal with a trade on a long distance deal, and they had a '15 Rubicon with 15k miles. Ended up buying that instead.

It was a compromise because I paid more than I had planned to spend on a Willys, but I got way more Jeep, and it's not a 6-speed, it's an automatic, but overall I'm happy. Just hope I can get the order cancelled at the dealership and get my $500 back
propped1 likes this.
post #11 of 11 Old 04-22-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
mixdup
2015 JK Wrangler 

And my apologies to the mods....just now noticed the "Buying" forum, probably where this thread should've gone

Dealership is saying my order is too far along to get my money back. Not sure if that's true or they just don't want to give it back to me. They were willing to give me $500 towards another one on the lot and they'd just sell my Willys, but they won't give me the $500 cash back. Oh well, I was expecting that, I'll just chock it up towards the cost of the Jeep I did end up with

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.