chrysler dropping jeep?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > chrysler dropping jeep?!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 05-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #16
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

My brother is a chrysler/Jeep mechanic and he hasn't heard anything.

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #17
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

The absurd nature of this thread makes me want to vomit.

Yes, Ford made a version of the Willy's Jeep back in WWII. Willy's created the specification and multiple companies built off that specification during the war including Ford, Willy's and Bantam. The Ford version was so poor that production of their version was halted.

Diamler and Chrysler broke ties several years ago. The German reference is akin to saying Chrysler and Mitsubishi still have a relationship.

Fiat will never let Jeep go. It's the reason they bought Chrysler. Just like Jeep is the reason Chrysler bought AMC.

As for Jeep and Dodge being the only reason Chrysler is doing well, how about a little research before you spout from the mouth. An excerpt from January 3, 2013 Huffington Post, Detroit, year end auto sales reports as reported by the manufacturers: Chrysler, the smallest of the Detroit carmakers, had the best year among U.S. companies. Its sales jumped 21 percent for the year and 10 percent in December. Demand was led by the Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV, Ram pickup and Chrysler 300 luxury sedan.
For the whole story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2402847.html

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #18
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I smell something? Huffington Post
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #19
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
The absurd nature of this thread makes me want to vomit.

Yes, Ford made a version of the Willy's Jeep back in WWII. Willy's created the specification and multiple companies built off that specification during the war including Ford, Willy's and Bantam. The Ford version was so poor that production of their version was halted....
Actually Bantam created the specification. In violation of protocol the Army gave Willys copies of the Bantam drawings because political pressure favored Willys. The official reason was that Bantam supposedly didn't have production facilities, but it appears that Bantam was already working with Checker to lease plant space.

[My brother in law stumbled on and bought a Bantam trailer at a farm in Vermont. I made him promise to give me first crack at it if he sells it, would be perfect for my CJ2A.]

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

I do so hope that this is purely a rumor!!!
GM has cut more vehicle lines(Olds, Pontiac, etc.) than anyone in the industry. I can't see where they would be in any position to buy a line as popular and venerable as the name Jeep.
Not to mention that they would probably end up being H3s in various different configurations.....
GM builds great locomotives and should concentrate more of their efforts there.
Ford..... As much as I've always had a thing for(most) Fords, I couldn't say I'd be interested in a Ford built Jeep either...

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is indeed only a rumor!!!
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep dealership around the corner confirmed this to me this morning.

They also said I could order a diesel jeep too.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer
Jeep dealership around the corner confirmed this to me this morning.

They also said I could order a diesel jeep too.

Sent from my rotary phone using JeepForum
My dealership was giving away free Jeeps this morning.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #23
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
My dealership was giving away free Jeeps this morning.
here too.

Pluss if the penta-tickes no more head changes. a free Hemi.
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #24
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Honestly when the whole economy crashed Im surprised some rich enthusiast didnt just buy Jeep out from under Chrysler
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #25
DeafJeep

Well I sure hope Jeep is firmly back in American hands. If I had deep pockets, I would do it in a heartbeat. Hopefully some rich American tycoons like Donald Trump and Warren Buffett is reading this and buys Jeep & keeps the CJ's running through the Jeep factories on American soil with absolutely not one outscoring job overseas. Jeep should be proud to bear the stamp " Made In The U.S.A. " with the emblem bearing the scroll of the 2nd Amendment.
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #26
DeafJeep

IMHO , This is what we need to return to ... I saw this on Harley Davidson Facebook page. We are in Wartime America right now with the GWOT. ( Global War On Terror )

This Day in Harley-Davidson History – May 12, 1943 – Harley-Davidson received the Army/Navy E award.

The Army/Navy E Award, also known as the Production Award, was given to companies that excelled in the production of wartime equipment. The award consisted of a pennant and emblems for all employees to wear. Harley-Davidson was presented with this award at a ceremony held at Juneau Avenue on May 12, 1943. By the end of the war, the company earned three more E Awards for its exemplary work in war production.

To learn more about the history of Harley-Davidson and how we are celebrating 110 years of great motorcycles, please visit our website, www.h-dmuseum.com

Unread 05-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #27
MadGerbil
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeep View Post
Well I sure hope Jeep is firmly back in American hands. If I had deep pockets, I would do it in a heartbeat. Hopefully some rich American tycoons like Donald Trump and Warren Buffett is reading this and buys Jeep & keeps the CJ's running through the Jeep factories on American soil with absolutely not one outscoring job overseas. Jeep should be proud to bear the stamp " Made In The U.S.A. " with the emblem bearing the scroll of the 2nd Amendment.
I understand what you're saying but I'd rather have Jeep in the hands of someone passionate about the brand, regardless of nationality, then having it in the hands of Americans who don't get it.
MadGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hope Ford buys Jeep and keeps the Jeep firmly in American hands.

No more German hands anymore. Chrysler is under German hands of the Mercedes-Benz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_AG

My grandfather is a WW II veteran and he saw the holocaust camps. He was not happy about the Germans acquiring the U.S.A. Made Jeeps.

Ford can buy the Jeeps and keep the Jeep factories rolling 24/7 firmly in American hands.
Quote:
That one is a classic. I wish it was not true but our politicans in Washington DC sold us out. What were they thinking when they were trying to out score American jobs overseas. * smh *

Yeah, I would sleep better at night knowing the Jeeps are firmly back in American hands.
Quote:
Quote:
IMHO , This is what we need to return to ... I saw this on Harley Davidson Facebook page. We are in Wartime America right now with the GWOT. ( Global War On Terror )

This Day in Harley-Davidson History – May 12, 1943 – Harley-Davidson received the Army/Navy E award.

The Army/Navy E Award, also known as the Production Award, was given to companies that excelled in the production of wartime equipment. The award consisted of a pennant and emblems for all employees to wear. Harley-Davidson was presented with this award at a ceremony held at Juneau Avenue on May 12, 1943. By the end of the war, the company earned three more E Awards for its exemplary work in war production.

To learn more about the history of Harley-Davidson and how we are celebrating 110 years of great motorcycles, please visit our website, www.h-dmuseum.com

I feel for you man. welcome to the post WW2 world, its amazing what can happen when you walk out the door and see things with your own eyes

Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #29
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGerbil View Post
I understand what you're saying but I'd rather have Jeep in the hands of someone passionate about the brand, regardless of nationality, then having it in the hands of Americans who don't get it.
That is in some ways true. I just have my concerns because if Germany enters into an alliance with the evil 22 arabic nations.

This is what the U.S. politicians collaborating with a known enemy nation Germany did in my opinion.

I would like to know who the U.S. politicians permitted this ? Vote those politicians out of office at the ballot come election time. We need to put more strong & righteous Americans in office who are both Pro-American & Pro-Israel against the evil hordes of Islam. Jeep shall one day return under American ownership either through an American tycoon buying Jeep or by force of the United States Armed Forces taking over Jeep.
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #30
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I feel for you man. welcome to the post WW2 world, its amazing what can happen when you walk out the door and see things with your own eyes

100% in agreement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.