Chrysler Contact Re Colors - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Chrysler Contact Re Colors

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #16
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSage View Post
That's your opinion. As I have said before, I love my dune colored jeep
I just saw my first Dune in person the other day, a different colour for sure, but I thought it was pretty cool! People can say what the want about Dune or Commando but I've never seen another vehicle that same colour, and they both grow on me every time I see them!

AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
lynn
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I like the Dune tan with black trim.
If I was buying a JK today, that's what I'd select.
I talked to a dealer in Goshen, NY a couple weeks ago. He said the tan was not selling well.

I've been looking at Desert tan every day for ~29 years, so Dune looks like a normal color to me...

EarlyCJ5.net Forums
lynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
DesertSage
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn View Post
I like the Dune tan with black trim.
If I was buying a JK today, that's what I'd select.
I talked to a dealer in Goshen, NY a couple weeks ago. He said the tan was not selling well.

I've been looking at Desert tan every day for ~29 years, so Dune looks like a normal color to me...
Good. That means mine will be even rarer!
DesertSage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
DanGemmell
2013 JK Wrangler 

As far as colour, I am currently driving an 08 JKU white with black top. I like the combination, the jeep looks cleaner longer, even with mud all over it. However I just purchased 13 JKUR 10 Anniversary in Anvil. I won't be getting my new ride until the end of June, but from all the pictures the colour looks great to me! I have a question that someone myself able to answer. I heard that when they designed the anniversary edition, they were looking for a colour that would only be used on this model. The engineers were all trying to decide what colour to use. One of the engineers picked up the old bluish grey garbage can in the room and said that's it. That's the colour we will use. Does anyone know if this story is true? Has anyone else heard this story? Oh and for my American friends please ignore my spelling of the word colour, just replace it with color.
DanGemmell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #20
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

I looked at a 10th anniversary anvil color JK yesterday. From pics the color ranged from looking good to a battleship gray. In person it actually looks ok although I prefer more contrast with black fenders and top.

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #21
2Five22
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wife has a Gecko JKU because she likes the attention. I went with white because I couldn't find a Crush or a Dozer from a dealer willing to deal. Few in my AO want Dune and according to the dealer, they are slow sellers. Commando would be fine as a matte color, but it looks incorrect as a gloss finish. The dealer said it isn't selling well either. I saw a rugged brown JKU and it looks as if it is a UPS delivery truck for rural locales.

Anyone spelling color with a 'u' has to provide Tim Horton's for the rest of us...

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #22
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Five22 View Post
Anyone spelling color with a 'u' has to provide Tim Horton's for the rest of us...
Sure, why not?? Next time you're in Edmonton let me know haha. I'm pretty sure Tim's cards are the most popular small gift in the country so I have a few...
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #23
Sandlapper3396

2009 JK Wrangler 

True Blue Pearl is one of those colors you have to see in person, not a picture on the internet. Just like the 10th anniversary Rubicon anvil grey, the perception of the color can change dramatically depending on the lighting the image is taken. There is a thread on here somewhere about it. If you mistake the Pearl for black after seeing it with your own two eyes it will just confirm that you are indeed color blind.
Sandlapper3396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

I was at the dealer today. The Jk colors all appear to me to have been taken from women's cosmetics. Everything looks like eyeshadow (except for the lipstick inspired rock lobster)

Its about the most uninspiring palette I've seen in years

I get that not everyone wants neon green/blue/orange, but there is alot of spectrum between neon and earthtones; I think they can do much better.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
I was at the dealer today. The Jk colors all appear to me to have been taken from women's cosmetics. Everything looks like eyeshadow (except for the lipstick inspired rock lobster)

Its about the most uninspiring palette I've seen in years

I get that not everyone wants neon green/blue/orange, but there is alot of spectrum between neon and earthtones; I think they can do much better.

Hoss
Ha,ha, that's what my wife said!

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #26
THespos
2013 JK Wrangler 

I ordered my Jeep at a really bad time, as far as colors go. I wanted Dozer or Crush and both weren't available at the time of my order. Then I tried Anvil - also not available. I called my dealer and asked him if Jeep made a blue color, having seen True Blue on a Rubicon they had on their lot. Nope. Ended up ordering Billet Silver - my 5th color choice.
THespos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #27
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

so I got to thinking about the colors more, and had a bit of an epiphany (for me, anyways)

I think my issue with most of the new colors, along with the trend of all black wheels, means there is little if any contrast left to draw attention to the vehicle- especially with the darker colors.

I guess I'm showing my age, but I miss the contrasting differences of white or chrome wheels, white tops, and decals/striping kits along with different colored interior. seems like now all you get is body color, and black (top, interior, flares, wheels)

even if you're not a fan of the color combo's, at least they were more intersting visually than what it seems we are offered today

this

vs this

this

vs this

this

vs this

this

vs this

this

vs this

this

and finally this

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #28
DanGemmell
2013 JK Wrangler 

I see where you are going with this, but I have to admit I kinda like the earthier tones and the direction they are heading right now. I do like the contrast of my 08 JKU white/black. Can't wait to see my 13 JKUR in Anvil/black. I am thinking the contrast won't be as nice, but I love the anvil colour. Maybe just have to put some really big rubber to get more black contrast.
DanGemmell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #29
DesertSage
2013 JK Wrangler 

When I was purchasing my Dune Jeep, we saw a JKUR 10th anniversary in Anvil (top and fenders in Anvil also) and it was a sharp looking Jeep.
DesertSage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Every club run I get many compliments on Dozer.

Though I have to say the biggest fans are bee's, wasp's and about anything that stings and has wings. It has become a rather serious issue out on the trails. As some members of our clubs are allergic. I carry a supply of Benadryl and would like Chrysler to reimburse me the cost of this.
Might wanna look into an epi pen
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.