Chrysler Contact Re Colors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Chrysler Contact Re Colors

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Chrysler Contact Re Colors

How do we get hold of Chrysler about their choice of colors? Who the heck picks a baby vomit (Commando Green) or baby poop (Dune) color? Rock Lobster looks like a lobster cooking in the sunlight. True Blue Pearl is so dark it's almost a black. Same for the Rugged Brown. Give us some more bright colors, damn it! Are you reading this Chrysler?

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman
How do we get hold of Chrysler about their choice of colors? Who the heck picks a baby vomit (Commando Green) or baby poop (Dune) color? Rock Lobster looks like a lobster cooking in the sunlight. True Blue Pearl is so dark it's almost a black. Same for the Rugged Brown. Give us some more bright colors, damn it! Are you reading this Chrysler?
Most people think commando green has a military look to it.

If you want bright, Gecko Green requires sunglasses to look at. I know, it's been discontinued.

There are a couple of oranges and three types of reds as well as anvil, white, and black.

I think Dune looks like butterscotch in a bad way.

Don't forget billet silver.

That seems like a lot of choices to me plus a person could always bring to a shop for repainting.
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
They pick colors that are going to sell. They don't just arbitrarily pick colors.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot View Post
Most people think commando green has a military look to it.

If you want bright, Gecko Green requires sunglasses to look at. I know, it's been discontinued.

There are a couple of oranges and three types of reds as well as anvil, white, and black.

I think Dune looks like butterscotch in a bad way.

Don't forget billet silver.

That seems like a lot of choices to me plus a person could always bring to a shop for repainting.
I have a Dozer and that color has grown on me. Gecko is not for me but it's better than Cammando or Dune. A different green or something like that tan color a few years ago...and that lighter blue. And why have colors so dark they are almost black? Black is out for me as it's too hard to halfway keep clean, although it's a sharp color. Billet and white are ok in my book. Crush is ok. We need a nice yellow, a cool blue, teal green, and maybe a metalflake, lol!

Unread 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Every club run I get many compliments on Dozer.

Though I have to say the biggest fans are bee's, wasp's and about anything that stings and has wings. It has become a rather serious issue out on the trails. As some members of our clubs are allergic. I carry a supply of Benadryl and would like Chrysler to reimburse me the cost of this.
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Strange.. but I like the new commander Green.. I have a Dozer JK and wife has a white JKU. When buying, I looked at Gecko, but thought I was going to be blind if I rode in it every day. I actually don't mind the different colors, as most of 'em look pretty good with mud on 'em anyway. I really liked the Dark Forest Green (was almost black) but having had 2 cars previous that were black, just wanted a different (lighter) color when I purchased. I also think that some colors look good till you add the top and fenders in same.. then it's just too much of one color.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
DesertSage
2013 JK Wrangler 

I absolutely love my Dune jeep. Apparently it's not for everyone, but you can never tell when it's dirty unless you're in some dark mud...
DesertSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm loving my Commando, I think it looks very classic. I will say that I prefer it with black flares and top. And its tough to get the colour right in pictures, so I think it looks better in person!
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have 2 solar yellow 04's a Rubicon for me and a sport for one of my daughters ..... love the solar yellow, could not get into the dozer yellow when I ordered my 2012 jku so I went with orange crush. Loved the color, but it does get "old" after a while, but I never had a problem spotting my car in a parking lot. Ordered a 2013 Rubicon JKU in white. I like the contrast of the white and black.

I think Jeeps were made to be 2 tone ... any of them all one color just don't look right to me....just my 2 cents and everyone should get what puts a smile on their face !

my very first jeep back in 1966 was a 1960 CJ-5 puke yellow primer ..... after a few days everyone along the shore knew me and the jeep so it stayed that color for 20 years
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Today I saw Rugged Brown on Jeep's website.
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
X2... The Commando and Dune do look like baby vomit and poop. I like that Jeep gets adventurous with colors for Wranglers, and I wish they'd also do so with other model lines, but these colors are ugly.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
DesertSage
2013 JK Wrangler 

That's your opinion. As I have said before, I love my dune colored jeep
DesertSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #13
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSage View Post
That's your opinion. As I have said before, I love my dune colored jeep
Like you said it's your choice...but I think it's the color of Barbies tits. I'd prefer a different brown or tan.

Unread 05-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I like the Silver --dosent show the dirt tho..
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #15
lloydsmale
2000 TJ Wrangler 

my tj is yellow and i sure wish it was dune brown or comando grean. I dont like the see me colars like yellow or bright green. They look like something a high school girl should be jumping out of not a grown man.
my off road toys are a 2000 yellow 4 cyl with a 2 inch lift and 31 bfgs. A 2006 silverado club cab 4x4 with a 310 hp, K&N intake, borla exaust, computer reprogramed by westers, 285/17 bfg mud terrains. A yamaha grizzly, A yamaha raptor and a yamaha warrior, honda big red, 2009 polaris rzr
lloydsmale is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.