Cheapest insurance coverage for a Jeep Wrangler? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Cheapest insurance coverage for a Jeep Wrangler?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I pay 78 a month for Full coverage between both my YJ and XJ with Bear River Mutual, But I also have my home owners through them also and I had to sign a waiver saying I don't drink and drive, and that I travel less then 7 miles round trip a day

Unread 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #17
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeshaffer View Post
Been there, done that. They are quoting me at like $80/month average rate. Yikes.
Yikes? For $80/month? Or do you mean "Yikes!" as in "Yikes! That's a great deal!" because I can't get vehicle insurance for my Jeep that's less than $100/mo and I have an absolutely flawless driving record.
Unread 12-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Decent insurance IS dumb. Back in 2007 when an idiotass totaled my car and only had $10,000 worth of coverage, and my car that got totaled had an insurance value of $17,500, my insurance (Geico) paid for the remaining balance without effecting my rates, I felt real dumb and wished I hadn't had that insurance and instead took the $7500 loss myself or tried to sue a guy with no money. Then back in May of this year, when two idiots got in a wreck because one ran a red light and the other turned in front of them and one of the trucks involved rolled back into the front of my Magnum R/T and caused $5300 in damage, and my insurance stepped up and fixed it right away, while the other parties that caused it argued about who's fault it was for about 2 months, I again wished I had crappy insurance or none, so that I would have been without my daily driver for those two months. I also hated the rental car I was given with no out of pocket expense, at a mere several dollars a year extra.

My Jeep is paid in full as I bought it in cash, and to this day I keep full coverage. I paid $9000 for it, and if it is ever stolen or totaled by someone with no insurance, I don't want to be out $9000.

Insurance is a "rip off" until you need it, and you don't have to cause the problem for it to pay for itself, as I testified above.

And yes, $80 a month is quite cheap for that "insurance".

If you are driving something worth less than $3000, you may as well just get liability, but otherwise, I say no, full coverage only.
AntiPrius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #19
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^ This
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
Adam013085

Pretty much boils down to if you can't afford the correct coverage on your vehicle you don't need to own the vehicle in the first place.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #21
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

80 bucks a month sounds awesome to me! With full collision and replacement on my '13 I'm at $160 a month. And that's with a maxed out safe driver discount along with a couple others
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #22
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My 96 ZJ I'm paying $75 a month for the cheapest coverage possible, liability only through Geico, and that's with a clean record discount AND already having another policy discount through them for the motorcycle. I opted for the least expensive insurance for it because this is a donor vehicle for my YJ project, I couldn't care less if I wreck it, I only need it for rainy days anyways. Planning on gutting it next year in the late spring.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #23
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

If 56 is too much, why even pay insurance? You're going to be that guy that everyone hates either way because the coverage you have is crappy.

I pay 80 a month for full coverage, glass replacement is included. Considering in one year i have had three new windshields put in that pretty much covers what I have been paying so far.

Dont be that guy, get decent insurance from a well known company.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
My 96 ZJ I'm paying $75 a month for the cheapest coverage possible, liability only through Geico, and that's with a clean record discount AND already having another policy discount through them for the motorcycle. I opted for the least expensive insurance for it because this is a donor vehicle for my YJ project, I couldn't care less if I wreck it, I only need it for rainy days anyways. Planning on gutting it next year in the late spring.
That seems really high, unless your under 21. For my 94 xj, I paid half that. At the time I had several claims and a couple tickets.
Unread 12-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #25
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

What kind if coverage limits are you getting for these prices?

I know that a lot of states have ridiculously low minimums for coverage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post
That seems really high, unless your under 21. For my 94 xj, I paid half that. At the time I had several claims and a couple tickets.
Everything drops in February, will have had my license for all of 3 years. I'll be looking at about 95 clams for full coverage on the ZJ..

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #27
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bit off topic, but I was told geico will not cover off road accidents. True?

Black Jeep Club v1.0 and v2.0 #1776
DR Z MUST BE STOPPED #7
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
MBDiesel
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
If $75/month is too much for you, then you need to be riding the bus.

You do understand what will happen if you're at fault and the damage exceeds your coverage right? The victim's insurance will cover them, then they'll rape you in court. So in addition to not having a vehicle (because yours is not broken), you'll be on the hook to the other insurance company. God help you if there are injuries involved or you get sued as a result of the accident.
Agreed 100%. If you have any assets past your car and checking account, get ready to kiss them goodbye if you go over your coverage limit. I carry six figure limits on my liability policies just for this reason.
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #29
LilyBayXJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I switched the full coverage policy on my LJ from Progressive to Liberty Mutual and saved $1,650/year. Seriously!

But then I went to switch the liability from my motorcycle over, and LM wanted $370/year vs. Progressive's $156.

I'd sure like to know where these companies get their numbers from...
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp[/URL]
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymsr View Post
Bit off topic, but I was told geico will not cover off road accidents. True?
There have been multiple threads about Geico dropping coverage on modified vehicles.

Tags
insurance , jeep , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.