The center console is a black hole! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The center console is a black hole!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 12-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The center console is a black hole!

I am fairly new to the interior of newer Wranglers, but the center console is a freaking black hole of space! I can fit my multi-meter, gloves, recovery strap, chargers, and a bunch of other things in there. I am used to the dented tissue box size console in Cherokees.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

same here:
wd-40
2 d rings
winch comtroller/cable
zip ties
sun glasses
recovery strap
floor plugs
gloves
Unread 12-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
phelan
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I am insanely jealous of this black hole you speak of... I dont have a console at all, which means every little thing I ever take into my car (CDs, chargers, loose change, flashlight, etc.) gets plunked down into a pile in between my seats
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
I am insanely jealous of this black hole you speak of... I dont have a console at all, which means every little thing I ever take into my car (CDs, chargers, loose change, flashlight, etc.) gets plunked down into a pile in between my seats
You can get a fairly generic console from Tuffy that is secure and provides similar black hole capabilities.

I am thinking about getting a Tuffy insert for security.

Wiener dogs fit down into the center console comfortably too! The dog went there exploring on her own of course.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
OneCleanYj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mine literally is a black hole. It has a hole at the bottom and sometimes stuff falls through and I can't figure out where it is. I've found weird little goodies underneath my console
I plan on building a new one sometime in the future, was going to build one to house 2 8" subs but now that I already have extra bass I just want to build a new one. My stocker is cracked everywhere and just needs to go. But I will admit I have had tons of stuff crammed in there before
Unread 12-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #6
Krautzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Center Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
Back when I had theYJ, I used one of those Stanley lunchbox/thermos carrier combos (the green one) as a center console. Its a good fit in between the seats, and thats also where I mounted the fire extinguisher (rounded groove made for the thermos). All I did to make it level was bend up a four-inch riser out of aluminum and slid it under the seat belt floor mounting points! The only drawback was that it wasnt lockable. No big deal since it had a carrying handle: Id just pull the whole thing out and into the house at night! (No garage/curb parking at the time.)
Krautzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #7
zac87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i miss my VDP yj console sometimes. had four cup holders and a ton of space. i even had a shed deer antler in there along with a mag light, and some recovery stuff. my tj console contains some scattered cd's and skoal cans.. love my tj tho!
'97 TJ, 4.0L 5 speed, locker in front, Skyjacker 4in suspension, BFG AT 33x12.5, black cragar soft 8's, Bushwacker flares, Quick dicos, hardtop/doors, Safari doors, 2002 wrangler seats, tube bumpers front and rear, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, Tuffy glove box, cheap foglights, new paint ;)

SOLD: '88 YJ, 4.2L 5 speed, 31 bogs, KC fogs, herculined inside, straight piped
zac87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.