JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Wrangler General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/)
-   -   The center console is a black hole! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/center-console-black-hole-642510/)

Alexia 12-02-2008 10:57 PM

The center console is a black hole!

I am fairly new to the interior of newer Wranglers, but the center console is a freaking black hole of space! I can fit my multi-meter, gloves, recovery strap, chargers, and a bunch of other things in there. I am used to the dented tissue box size console in Cherokees. :D

2005X 12-02-2008 11:01 PM

same here:
wd-40
2 d rings
winch comtroller/cable
zip ties
sun glasses
recovery strap
floor plugs
gloves

phelan 12-02-2008 11:42 PM

I am insanely jealous of this black hole you speak of... I dont have a console at all, which means every little thing I ever take into my car (CDs, chargers, loose change, flashlight, etc.) gets plunked down into a pile in between my seats

Alexia 12-03-2008 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phelan (Post 6105573)
I am insanely jealous of this black hole you speak of... I dont have a console at all, which means every little thing I ever take into my car (CDs, chargers, loose change, flashlight, etc.) gets plunked down into a pile in between my seats

You can get a fairly generic console from Tuffy that is secure and provides similar black hole capabilities.

I am thinking about getting a Tuffy insert for security.

Wiener dogs fit down into the center console comfortably too! The dog went there exploring on her own of course.

OneCleanYj 12-03-2008 10:21 AM

Mine literally is a black hole. It has a hole at the bottom and sometimes stuff falls through and I can't figure out where it is. I've found weird little goodies underneath my console :)
I plan on building a new one sometime in the future, was going to build one to house 2 8" subs but now that I already have extra bass I just want to build a new one. My stocker is cracked everywhere and just needs to go. But I will admit I have had tons of stuff crammed in there before

Krautzy 12-05-2008 04:13 PM

Center Console

Quote:

Originally Posted by phelan (Post 6105573)

Back when I had theYJ, I used one of those Stanley lunchbox/thermos carrier combos (the green one) as a center console. Its a good fit in between the seats, and thats also where I mounted the fire extinguisher (rounded groove made for the thermos). All I did to make it level was bend up a four-inch riser out of aluminum and slid it under the seat belt floor mounting points! The only drawback was that it wasnt lockable. No big deal since it had a carrying handle: Id just pull the whole thing out and into the house at night! (No garage/curb parking at the time.):2thumbsup::cool:

zac87 12-06-2008 11:05 PM

i miss my VDP yj console sometimes. had four cup holders and a ton of space. i even had a shed deer antler in there along with a mag light, and some recovery stuff. my tj console contains some scattered cd's and skoal cans.. love my tj tho!

The time now is 03:06 PM.