CB and HAM radio in Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > CB and HAM radio in Jeep

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

CB and HAM radio in Jeep

I have a CB radio in my Jeep and I am thinking about getting an amateur radio license. Does anyone have CB and HAM radios in your Jeep? Those of you who have HAM radios, what frequencies are typically used on trails? Are there any issues I need to be aware of with both radios in my Jeep?

Unread 08-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
jimpaget
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I am very new at the whole Ham thing, but I do have both in my rig. There were a number of us at the Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association Trail Jamboree in early July. We either ran 146.650 or one of the repeaters in the area.

My 2 meter rig, as well as most modern rigs, has the ability to scan any or all frequencies that are programmed into the radio.
jimpaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I personally don't have one but two of the guys in our club have them for emergencies. I am looking into getting my license.
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Check out Stu's site. He's a radio buff, and his site is full of excellent Jeep articles. I imagine his amateur radio articles are just as good.

Cheers,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys, it looks like Stu's site is a good start. What are guys using for mobile equipment?
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
jimpaget
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have Yaesu 1900Rs in my Jeep and Powerstroke, and have purchased, but not installed a Yaesu 2900 in my motorhome. They are very easy to program.
jimpaget is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.