Cb antenna mounting and cb install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Cb antenna mounting and cb install

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
DARTICUS

Cb antenna mounting and cb install

CB ANTENNA MOUNTING AND CB INSTALL
What would be the best choice for an antenna and mounting the antenna without the metal roof for reflection. Is there a better brand to buy for the wrangler install? How about mounting a rig, where? Thanks Ron

DARTICUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

depends on use a bit. if its to high and you wheel were it can hit things, lower mounted is better. if its street use and you want the best signsl higher is better. There is a lot of threads here andpics on how people mounted all of it. I like the over head mounted head unit. but that can be more work and or cost depending howand if you can dothe work.

Unread 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I mounted my antenna to my spare tire carrier then put a grounding strap from the inside of the tailgate to the inside of the tub. I have a 4' antenna which sticks up at least a foot above my hard top. My range is roughly 20 miles. I know this because I've sat in my driveway, heard activity on the radio and communicated with the transmitter, verifying his/her location. The farthest I've gotten is 22.5 miles as the crow flies.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
WahooCreek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Take a look at the Electrical section. Several threads on the issue and lots of opinions.
WahooCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.