Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Can you remove the doors on a JK?

4K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  AustinCJer 
#1 ·
Can't say I've ever seen one with the doors off...

:shhh:

#9 ·
Come to think of it, I wonder if the doors come off of TJs here in Texas. :dunno: bunch of Nancys... It turns 100 degrees and the doors and top go up and the AC turns on... Seems like a waste of a Wrangler.
I couldn't agree more. We just finished a week of 100+ weather. I've had the top and doors off for 2 weeks straight. Didn't even put the top up to wash it after a day of wheeling in mud and heavy dust. I put the doors on today because of a threat of storms. I was skirting the edge of one for a while and thought I could make it home ahead of it. I was wrong. Luckily I was right near an exit that I knew had a covered gas station. I pulled in and throw the top on before getting too soaked.

You gotta excuse me tonight, I'm in a weird mood. I'm just bustin chops.
I know. :2thumbsup:

#13 ·
We have tons of em with no doors here in houston. They look pretty good if they remove all 4 and put the top down.

#14 ·
Doors come off on mine regularly

Also set of soft doors for when the mood strikes me

#18 ·
I just think it's cool that the JK knows when the doors are off.

I'm not sure if the TJs or YJs do that...

#35 ·
I just think it's cool that the JK knows when the doors are off.

I'm not sure if the TJs or YJs do that...
Ha ha, on YJs it doesn't make a lick of difference! Our lights don't connect to the doors and when it rains, you get wet with or without the doors on!
:cheers2:

#19 ·
Nope. Now that chrysler decided to turn the JK into a boxy caravan they removed all of the unique features.

Seriously, the subconscious jealousy and negativity runs thick in here. But I have yet to see any of this negativity in the real world. I guess a computer screen makes men out of some people.

My top and doors are off from may to september. The steel tub (yes....omg no carpet!!!) handles rain quite well, especially with all of the strategically placed drains. If I were to have found a unit with half doors though, it would be a different story.

This is my setup during periods of sustained rain for multiple days. Works very well, and I stay quite dry on the highway.

#20 ·
Seriously, the subconscious jealousy and negativity runs thick in here. But I have yet to see any of this negativity in the real world. I guess a computer screen makes men out of some people.
If you were to :rtft: you would see that the only negative comment from a NON-JK owner was post #2, but then the same poster takes it back in post #15. I openly admitted that I wish I had a JK... But that doesnt change that I have yet to see a JK in Austin without doors on... Just sayin :thumbsup:

#21 ·
My friend with a JK always has his off, and theres this girl around here with a 2door JK that I have never seen the doors ON it, inside is covered in mud, I always see her driving in rainstorms too, top down on the Jeep and doors off. I give her a :2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.