Camp Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Camp Jeep

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Camp Jeep

Anyone ever been to a Camp Jeep event? Post pics if you have them.

This is Camp Jeep 2007, in VA.

Unread 01-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

if they remember to have it this year I might go.
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinRoss View Post
if they remember to have it this year I might go.
Yep, dont know what the deal was last year, but I do know its a heck of alot less expensive than Jeep Jamboree.
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
noflacko
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Kim and I went in 07 and we loved it. On the wrong 'puter now but can post pics tomorrow. What do you want to see? We REALLY want to go again and we think a caravan there would be cool...

bddisi-have you thought about the new Jeep club here in Cleveland?
Check it out...we'd love to have your big rig in our crew! The website is in my signature...

Cleveland, TN Jeepers UNITE! Monthly meet-N-greet, every third Saturday at Jordan's BBQ!
noflacko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
noflacko
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here are the only ones I could access from the wifey's laptop...I have more on my desk top if you want...

Cleveland, TN Jeepers UNITE! Monthly meet-N-greet, every third Saturday at Jordan's BBQ!
Unread 01-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflacko View Post
Kim and I went in 07 and we loved it. On the wrong 'puter now but can post pics tomorrow. What do you want to see? We REALLY want to go again and we think a caravan there would be cool...

bddisi-have you thought about the new Jeep club here in Cleveland?
Check it out...we'd love to have your big rig in our crew! The website is in my signature...
I was there in 07 also. And it was alot of fun. There was someone from cojo that came by the paint store and talked with me. He said, he was going to the first meeting. I asked when it was and he said today at 4:00 or 4:30, cant remember but I couldnt make it. Maybe next one if it is at a reasonable time. I dont leave the store until 5o some days. I have maybe up to 10 other guys that might be interested.
Unread 01-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Here are the only ones I could access from the wifey's laptop...I have more on my desk top if you want...
We had an appointment for that, after I saw a few jeeps that looked like that, I changed my mind. I didnt mind the mud on the outside, I just didnt want it on the inside.
Unread 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

i heard july 2009

b_c

::edit:: here you go: http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/events/camp_jeep/ ::edit::

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #9
noflacko
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
We had an appointment for that, after I saw a few jeeps that looked like that, I changed my mind. I didnt mind the mud on the outside, I just didnt want it on the inside.
The TJ was our friend's...had to have the clutch replaced after the playground! We went through it and came out ok, but he slowed down and got stuck. They pulled him out with an old FSJ... he then had to take it to a shop that Jeep had set up for "guest repairs". Not free but cheaper than a dealer. We ehard they shut the playground down the last day because of so many soupy transmissions!

Unread 01-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
patricknolan
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah by the time i got anywhere near the playground, no one was getting through. Xj Tj Jk YJ nobody. I think i saw 1 XJ make it through.

I went to the one in virginia, then went on vaca from there to NC. It was ok, kind of expensive though. The only good thing was we dont have any rocks here in NJ to play with, basically only mud maybe a hill or 2.

I dont like going in a caravan that much either, so that swayed my opinion alot. Id say, for the maybe hour a day that it was alot of fun, it wasnt worth the other hours that werent. Id much rather ride with 2-4 other jeeps for 3-4 hours than ride with 30 for 2 hours and hit 3 obstacles.

It had the right atmosphere though, had fun camping.
patricknolan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #11
Dionysus
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was there in 2000 and 2001. I had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, that was prior to my digital camera, so I will have to dig out the pictures (If I can find them) and scan them.

Dionysus.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #12
GlennA
2008 JK Wrangler 

That looks interesting. Anyone have a website?
GlennA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennA View Post
That looks interesting. Anyone have a website?
Quote:
i heard july 2009

b_c

::edit:: here you go: http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/events/camp_jeep/ ::edit::

yup...

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #14
GlennA
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
yup...

b_c
OK, thanks.
GlennA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
[IMG]...

hehe looking at this picture and thinking... what other kind of car club would have people lined up to drive through a mud hole....
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.