Cabin cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Cabin cover

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
jmauld
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cabin cover

Is there a cover that will protect the TJ cabin with the soft top installed, the doors off and a mirror attached to the door hinge?

It looks like the bestop cover might do it, but I'm not sure about it.

jmauld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The cab cover that I own, and all the ones I have seen will not fit over a framed soft top while it is up.

Mine fits over my Safari top just fine though, so it would probably fit over one of the frameless tops without windows.

Unless someone has came out with a new one that works over factory soft tops, I am afraid you are stuck with buying a regular car cover for a small SUV or something.

But, if your windows are already out, it's nothing to fold the top back and throw a cab cover on it.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

RainGear now makes a cover that fits with soft top on. I've had one of their "top off" cover for several years.

http://www.jeepcovers.com/

Velcro opening for the mirrors.
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
jmauld
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
The cab cover that I own, and all the ones I have seen will not fit over a framed soft top while it is up.

Mine fits over my Safari top just fine though, so it would probably fit over one of the frameless tops without windows.

Unless someone has came out with a new one that works over factory soft tops, I am afraid you are stuck with buying a regular car cover for a small SUV or something.

But, if your windows are already out, it's nothing to fold the top back and throw a cab cover on it.
Okay, so they will work with the soft top folded down, but still installed. What about fitting over the mirror?
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
jmauld
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
RainGear now makes a cover that fits with soft top on. I've had one of their "top off" cover for several years.

Velcro opening for the mirrors.
That looks perfect. Do you have any idea where it's made?

I appreciate the help from both of you!!!
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauld View Post

The company is Utah based. I'm sure you could call to see if the covers are "made/USA" or not, if that's your concern.

I've had mine for 5 years, but haven't had to use it last 1.5 years (got space in garage). Really easy to put on/off once you get it the straps set. I really like the way it fit around mirrors with doors off/on.
Unread 06-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
CB10101
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one from 4wd and put it over my softtop (raised) and towed my jeep cross country from Reno, NV to Detroit, MI. Think it was a smittybilt or rugged ridge. Worked great. Looks like the raingear one but tan.
CB10101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauld

My wife purchased a RainGear cover for my Father's Day present. There is a bright American flag tag saying made in the USA! The quality is excellent! It has actual straps with turnbuckles and hooks instead of elastic. The only downside is it is rather heavy and the bag takes up a lot of space however, that is sort of a positive because it is made out of thick material. I got a chance to use it at the gym today for the first time. It took me about a minute to throw on. Even with a good storm passing by my jeep was nice and dry.
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2kgt View Post
My wife purchased a RainGear cover for my Father's Day present. There is a bright American flag tag saying made in the USA! The quality is excellent! It has actual straps with turnbuckles and hooks instead of elastic. The only downside is it is rather heavy and the bag takes up a lot of space however, that is sort of a positive because it is made out of thick material. I got a chance to use it at the gym today for the first time. It took me about a minute to throw on. Even with a good storm passing by my jeep was nice and dry.
I got mine in `08, and don't know if they have changed much since then. But, I also like the webbed nylon straps with adjustable buckles/hooks. Only took a few minutes to locate good anchor points (mostly existing holes in the frame). I have never used the strap for the footmans loop on the hood, just put the wiper blades on cover.

I got to where I could take it off or put it on in just a few minutes, even in the dark.

Mine did fade from a medium gray to a light gray after many days in the Texas sun, I don't think it had any other ill effects.
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Deuskid
2013 JK Wrangler 

these look cool:

I am surprised that the 2dr and 4dr price is the same tho....

subscribing for future reference.
Deuskid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.