Buying a new JK 3.6L - Fuel Mileage, Options and Anti-spin Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Buying a new JK 3.6L - Fuel Mileage, Options and Anti-spin Q's

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 07-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
bula

Buying a new JK 3.6L - Fuel Mileage, Options and Anti-spin Q's

So, I've never had a Jeep before and I'm looking at ordering a '14 Unlimited Sport - Auto, Dual Tops, A/C, Power & Connectivity Group, Max Tow Package and the upgraded Alpine system.

The Ram truck I have now has the anti-spin diff... is it worth it for the Jeep? I've heard mixed opinions.

And finally, I see a lot of people saying what kind of mileage they get but not sure what motor they are running. Specifically for the 3.6L... would I ever regularly see 20mpg?

bula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 03:21 AM   #2
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

The tow-package is more useful for the 3.73s it comes with, but the LSD doesnt hurt either. Its not going to give you the same effects as an auto-locker, but its better than open. You will see 20+ off the bat on the highway for sure, I remember coming back from PA to NY after Rausch Creek and getting about 24 on the highway. Thats when I was stock, now with my 35s I will be lucky to get those #s. MPGs and modified Jeeps dont go hand in hand, at all. Period
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #55
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Driver and head winds have a huge effect. I have a 2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon with 3.73 gears, when it was stock I never saw 20mpg, high 18s low 19s at best on the highway.

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Notchman
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a '12 Wrangler Rubicon, 4.10 axles, and stock tires. My commute is 60 miles one way and is mostly highway. I'm seeing 20MPG without the A/C running and averaging 65-70MPH and it doesn't matter if the windows are up or down. When I use the A/C I see a drop of .5 to .8MPG indicated on the display and that corresponds to what I see when hand calculating my mileage. I do have to agree with Filthy-Beast about the headwinds. If the winds are high I'll see a drop of 1 to 1.5MPG indicated and around a 1MPG drop in my calculated fuel consumption.
Notchman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.