Brown-Daub Jeep, Easton,PA ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Brown-Daub Jeep, Easton,PA ?

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

Brown-Daub Jeep, Easton,PA ?

Hey, I have been creeping here for a while, and have a quick question. I just bought a new 2012 JK 2DR Sport from Brown-Daub. The sales person is a buddies brother in-law. I want to start with a leveling kit. When I was there to get an oil filter for my first oil change (They were the cheapest). I ask a service rep. if I put a leveling lift on it, would it do anything to my warranty. She said it would be up to Chrysler/Jeep. They would have to ask.
My question is; Is this dealership funny about warranty work on lifted Jeeps? My one friend has 4.5" lift with 37s, He had done at OK4WD. He takes his to Smith Motors in Washington,NJ were he bought it, and says he has no problem because the owner is friends with the owner of OK4WD in Stewartsville, NJ.
Should I just start using Smith?

metaldemon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

Why not just use Smith, like you said if your buddy got away with it do it! If they willl allow you to mod it without affecting the warranty buy it through them. As far as I know most dealers would not be ok with it. Youngs, Milham, Nazareth Ford, and Rothrock all are not ok with such activity. SOURCE:all my buddies that work at those dealerships (We all work at different ones through our technical school).
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Cowboyup94
2001 WJ 

If you were really smart do it yourself and if a problem ever occurs take the lift off and take it in to have the warranty still valid! DO NOT SAY YOU ARE GOING TO LIFT IT!!! THEY WILL FILE IT INTO YOUR RECORD!
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

I all ready bought it. They don't know who I am. I just ask one of the service reps. as I walked through from parts. I only had it there once for an electrical glitch. I work in Washington, and grew up there. I think I will just start using Smith for parts, and service. I have had work done on XJ at OK4WD, and I went to school with the owner. Better safe then sorry.
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

I am doing it tomorrow, with my young son. If I go to Smith I wouldn't have to take it off. My buddies is a long arm lift. I used to be a Diesel, and Auto mechanic years ago.
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
chrishag
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have bought 4 new jeeps and dodges from brown daub....I can tell you that after my last experience with there service dept I will never set foot in there again. Took my wj in for inspection and they failed it for bad pads and rotors. Guess they should have realized that a heavenly modded wj would have an owner that had a clue. All pads and rotors were replaced 3 weeks before I went in there for the state inspection.

I told the service manager to just get it off the lift. They insisted that it needed brakes but wouldn't show me why. To top it all off they didn't put the insurance card and registration back in the jeep. So I had to drive all the way back to get them.

Btw same brakes are on there for the last year and still look like new and are functioning great.
chrishag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

They did that to a female friend of mine a couple of years ago, till I got there. It was the free inspection for life thing.They weren't going to let her leave, without brakes. They wouldn't show us either, but when I pushed they let us leave. Years ago I was an inspection Mech. in A-town. It passed at the Garage that I use. The local guy knows that I do all my own work, so he gives it a quick once over. Outten in Allentown pulled the same on my ex-wife, but she didn't call me. Brakes cost lots of money at a dealer. I guess if it needs warranty work, it will go to Smith.
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
chrishag
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I only went there cause of the free inspection. They wanted $950 for pads and rotors. I about killed them. It had brand new rotors nd pads. Hell the rotors where still crosshatched
chrishag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
metaldemon7
2012 JK Wrangler 

I tell everyone not to fall for the free inspection. If you go to a dealer for maintenance, or free inspection you are asking for a large bill. They won't fix things under warranty, but will charge the hell out of you for the small stuff that isn't covered.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.