post #106 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 06:38 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

ill join you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -OIIIIIIIO-01 View Post
I also thank you for your service.

Unfortunately I'm unsub'ing from this bickerfest

2015willys 4 cyl tj 2017 silverado yamaha grizzly, Polaris rzr 04 z06 vette, 600/800 crossfire cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Look Lloyd, I've got nothing against you, but don't come into a room making fun of people and then play the hurt drama queen. And trying to make it about politics is just downright ignorant.

I didn't say a word about being "better" than anyone else until I jokingly replied to some comments that were the equivalent of teenage girls talking smack and even then it should have been obvious it was tongue and cheek directed at those same attitudes that were being thrown at me.

I'm a lifelong enthusiast of nearly everything with a motor. I don't hold your tastes against you unless you wave them around like some flag of superiority in the first place. Then I'll gladly have a war or words.

But at the end of the day it all means jack. Like you what you like, that's cool.

Just don't put others down for liking something different, that's dooshey (needs alternate sp), and I'd think a guy like yourself, a hard working blue collar vet, would understand and appreciate that.

Just to preserve some non-alternate facts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
if I went to cruise night in a focus id wear a face mask so nobody would know who I am. Well that's wrong! I wouldn't show up there in the first place. One of those cars iike those turbo suburu's that would be a ball to take out of a track all by yourself for a couple hours but somewhere my buddys in vettes, Camaros, challangers, and mustangs cant see me.
Quote:
take a ride in a 70 ls6 chevelle, 442, GTO, 440 cuda, 428 cobra jet mustang and if any of those don't put a smile on your face you should stick to a prius. That way you wont impress anyone. How many on here can HONESTLY say that not one modification of there jeep was made to look impressive. With the percentage of jeeps I see actually USED AS JEEPS around here id say a lot more of it is for show then go. Plus in my opinion theres not a thing wrong with being proud of the way your car or jeep looks to others. There wouldn't be a thing called a car show if others didn't agree with me. So you might not want to get to sanctimonious before a good look in the mirror. By the way the last cruise night I was at all the girls had teeth. Bottom line is a nice 442 and what it will cost to maintain it will set you back more then the cost of one of those crotch rocket fords so the quality of people at a cruise night probably beats the heck out of the pimple popping crowd gather around a ford focus any day.
Quote:
You have me figured out yet. Conservative blue colar redneck and proud of it. So you about know where you can stick that uppity Concours d'Elégance and those ricer cars. Where do you come off even thinking your better then those hard working americans that might be missing a tooth or two. But as an American you have the right to disagree and to buy and drive what you want. I fought for your right to do just that.
I have no desire to participate in a useless bickerfest either, but I'm happy to oblique if I see people being insulted.

Quote:
Ive never bought a vechicle that wasn't American and never will.
Now back to the Bronco and Focus RS...so which one of those exactly do you think isn't "American"?

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #108 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 07:20 AM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -OIIIIIIIO-01 View Post
I also thank you for your service.

Unfortunately I'm unsub'ing from this bickerfest
Me too.

2006 Trail Rated XK, 2" RC Lift, 4.7L V8, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wranglers On Painted Stock Rims.

post #109 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 08:58 AM
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I think all cars have a place. I've owned and driven all different types.

One of the first cars I restored and customised to show quality (did win awards) was a 92 Honda Prelude. It didn't have a gaudy, poorly fit body kit nor did it have a fart can exhaust. It was one hell of a fun car and could corner like it was on rails.

Years later, I had a Vette. Just as fun to drive, but completely different. I now drive a giant SUV for around the town errands, etc.

I will say though that there is nothing more care free to drive than my Jeep. Door and top off, sunny day. Does it handle great? No. Is it fast? Hell no. Is it comfortable? Like laying on a bed of rocks. But it is very fun to drive, which makes all the difference.

03 TJ Rubicon
post #110 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 10:21 AM
slickrocksteve
2006 TJ Wrangler 

YEAH !!!!
WHAT happened to the comparison of the Bronco, or T6, or????
And the Jeep JK.

I personally have a 2001 XJ, a 2006 TJ, and a 2005 Ram Diesel Cummins, 3500 long bed crew cab. ( also a Fiat 500 Abarth for fun on track)
BUT, it fits me.
I do remember the old Broncos from about 1965 to about when they went huge bloated, and miss seeing the old LandRover with the dual level tops and tiny 4 bangers or diesels. Also the Toyota FJ 60, and such.
Just to stir the pot...what about a smaller JK like vehicle with a V4 turbo diesel, and solid axle, coming with a lift, a winch, and a "hand shaker", with about a 4X transfer case and lockers on both ends. Then put manual hubs and some better quality axles in them!
post #111 of 114 Old 02-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Ha ha, found this photo of a car I had in college but then had to sell.

I was working as a tech at a used car business the specialized in muscle cars and sold it to them.

I thought Lloyd would appreciate it.

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #112 of 114 Old 02-18-2017, 03:25 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

350 rally Olds. Our local car club just gave one away two years ago for a raffle prize. Even was the same color. Basically a 442 without the 455. Nice car.

2015willys 4 cyl tj 2017 silverado yamaha grizzly, Polaris rzr 04 z06 vette, 600/800 crossfire cat
post #113 of 114 Old 02-18-2017, 05:01 AM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
350 rally Olds. Our local car club just gave one away two years ago for a raffle prize. Even was the same color. Basically a 442 without the 455. Nice car.
Yup, IIRC (it's been a long time) it was a one year only product, only came in that color with the painted bumpers etc. Only around 3500 of them built, most on the Cutlass body but a number on the F-85 (like this one). A single 4bbl 350, variety of transmissions, LSD rear.

Was a fun car and I hated to let it go, but life got in the way. At the same time my big bro had a 66 Impala, and my little bro and I were restoring his 67 Firebird 400 convertible.

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #114 of 114 Old 02-18-2017, 06:23 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

ive got a soft spot for those 65/66 impalas. I had 65 ss convertible 327 4 speed and a 66 hardtop with a 396 4 speed. Of all the old and new cars ive ever owned if I could have two back it would be that 65ss and my 87 grand national. Those big impalas were drag race winners but you had to go pretty far to find a better Friday night cruise car! I still remember the day I picked that 65 up. It only had 20k on it at the time and my previous car was a ply. gtx that I blew the motor in. I remember shaking my head that day. I couldn't believe the difference in feel between those to cars. It was like comparing a solid block of steal to a beer can well a pretty fast beer can anyway. The grand national with only about 1500 dollars in bolt ons would turn high 11s low twelves all day long and get 23 mpg going to the track. It was hands down faster then any of the old muscle cars I owned and it wasn't till the c6 zo6 that it wouldn't run like that with Any car made at least in the 1/8 and the quarter. Don't get me reminiscing. I tend to go way off topic when muscle cars are the topic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.