Bronco vs Wrangler - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 114 Old 02-12-2017, 02:11 PM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
just get recording of a top fuel and play it....loud. makes me kinda miss the days of OCIR and grudge nights, run what you brought 5$ all night.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 114 Old 02-12-2017, 03:55 PM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank View Post

Yeah, there's nothing like that V8 sound.

I'm surprised with all the innovations they've made with modern engines that they can't seem to make an exhaust system with some insane sonic technology evolution that can spit out the deep glug of a V8. The fact that vehicles such as the Raptor actually resort to fake audio in the cabin to quell the angst of its fans that would rather sacrifice the added HP, torque, and fuel economy of the new EcoBoost in favor of that rich V8 sound should be reason enough to put some serious R&D into it.
Some of those larger V6 engines from GM back in the 80's used to sound pretty good. Nice and throaty with a glug.

2006 Trail Rated XK, 2" RC Lift, 4.7L V8, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wranglers On Painted Stock Rims.
post #93 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 07:27 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

yup my 87 grand national with a flowmaster cat back actually sounded pretty good. It didn't sound like a big block chev but it didn't have tha blattty rice burner sound either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Commander View Post
Some of those larger V6 engines from GM back in the 80's used to sound pretty good. Nice and throaty with a glug.

2015willys 4 cyl tj 2017 silverado yamaha grizzly, Polaris rzr 04 z06 vette, 600/800 crossfire cat

post #94 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

yup but which one would you rather cruise down the boulevard in!! I'm 60 and if I went to cruise night in a focus id wear a face mask so nobody would know who I am. Well that's wrong! I wouldn't show up there in the first place. One of those cars iike those turbo suburu's that would be a ball to take out of a track all by yourself for a couple hours but somewhere my buddys in vettes, Camaros, challangers, and mustangs cant see me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbakken View Post
And in the V8 or nothing conversation the Focus and it's lame, wimpy, 4 cylinder makes more power than most of the muscle cars from back in the day, and is a hell of a lot faster. Hell, the some of the big block chevelle SS only had 360 hp. That's not a lot over the Focus 350
M151Mutt likes this.

2015willys 4 cyl tj 2017 silverado yamaha grizzly, Polaris rzr 04 z06 vette, 600/800 crossfire cat
post #95 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
yup but which one would you rather cruise down the boulevard in!! I'm 60 and if I went to cruise night in a focus id wear a face mask so nobody would know who I am. Well that's wrong! I wouldn't show up there in the first place. One of those cars iike those turbo suburu's that would be a ball to take out of a track all by yourself for a couple hours but somewhere my buddys in vettes, Camaros, challangers, and mustangs cant see me.
A CRUISE NIGHT?

I prefer to go somewhere the women still have teeth.

Besides I don't pick cars, trucks, or motorcycles to impress anyone, I pick the ones I enjoy.
puppybreath likes this.

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #96 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 02:01 PM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

take a ride in a 70 ls6 chevelle, 442, GTO, 440 cuda, 428 cobra jet mustang and if any of those don't put a smile on your face you should stick to a prius. That way you wont impress anyone. How many on here can HONESTLY say that not one modification of there jeep was made to look impressive. With the percentage of jeeps I see actually USED AS JEEPS around here id say a lot more of it is for show then go. Plus in my opinion theres not a thing wrong with being proud of the way your car or jeep looks to others. There wouldn't be a thing called a car show if others didn't agree with me. So you might not want to get to sanctimonious before a good look in the mirror. By the way the last cruise night I was at all the girls had teeth. Bottom line is a nice 442 and what it will cost to maintain it will set you back more then the cost of one of those crotch rocket fords so the quality of people at a cruise night probably beats the heck out of the pimple popping crowd gather around a ford focus any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
A CRUISE NIGHT?

Besides I don't pick cars, trucks, or motorcycles to impress anyone, I pick the ones I enjoy.
M151Mutt likes this.

post #97 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 02:58 PM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Like a moped or the easy girl at school...
Fun to ride but you don't want anyone to see you. Ha ha

2006 Trail Rated XK, 2" RC Lift, 4.7L V8, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wranglers On Painted Stock Rims.
post #98 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 02:59 PM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:

A CRUISE NIGHT?

Ha ha!!

post #99 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
yup my 87 grand national with a flowmaster cat back actually sounded pretty good. It didn't sound like a big block chev but it didn't have tha blattty rice burner sound either.
My friend had a Corsica with the larger V6 and stock exhaust and it literally growled.

post #100 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Sure pops, whatever you say.

I guess you were able to tell they had teeth by the way they were awkwardly smiling at the creepy old man hoping you would walk away. 😉

Have fun at your next Concours d'Elégance or Barrett Jackson auction.

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #101 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 04:09 PM
JeepersKreapers

I think the Bronco is going to go the route that Hummer went. It's not really going to be made for offroading but more of a flashy vehicle. I can already see the Bronco promoted on a rapper video with big wheels and roof lights but not a speck of mud.
post #102 of 114 Old 02-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
How many on here can HONESTLY say that not one modification of there jeep was made to look impressive. With the percentage of jeeps I see actually USED AS JEEPS around here id say a lot more of it is for show then go. Plus in my opinion theres not a thing wrong with being proud of the way your car or jeep looks to others. There wouldn't be a thing called a car show if others didn't agree with me. So you might not want to get to sanctimonious before a good look in the mirror. By the way the last cruise night I was at all the girls had teeth.
OK teasing aside I DO enjoy how my vehicles look and I take pride in keeping them in good mechanical and hopefully cosmetic condition. But that's FOR ME, not for you or anyone else.

It's funny but I would be hard pressed to name a mod I've done that was STRICTLY for looks. I usually need at least a functional excuse before I bother (that might be my own personal nuerosis).

I've never been much of a car or bike show fan, except where it offered me an opportunity to see something unique or rare, but there were still enough 60's muscle cars left around em when I was growing up that they hold nothing more than some nostalgia to me. And I know I'd never be the type to sit there and show a car or bike, no thanks.

I don't have the desire to restore or rebuild any more of em. If I get a wild hair maybe I'll pursue a vintage Moto Guzzi or BMW airhead.

So yeah, at the end of the day I'll take an RS or STI and enjoy the heck out of it anytime.

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #103 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 03:21 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

maybe you can afford the cars at Concours d'Elégancel. Sure wouldn't do me a pinch of @@@@ to go there. Me I'm just a good old boy. A middle class retired American. Grew up with muscle cars and detest those pimple poppers running around with 6 inch tail pipes. Ive never bought a vechicle that wasn't American and never will. Spent 8 years in the service and the rest of my life as an electrical lineman. Worked dammed hard for everything I own and may not pull down a 100k a year but had a good life. I'm an avid gun owner and voted for trump. Hows that! You have me figured out yet. Conservative blue colar redneck and proud of it. So you about know where you can stick that uppity Concours d'Elégance and those ricer cars. Where do you come off even thinking your better then those hard working americans that might be missing a tooth or two. But as an American you have the right to disagree and to buy and drive what you want. I fought for your right to do just that.
Quote:
Sure pops, whatever you say.

I guess you were able to tell they had teeth by the way they were awkwardly smiling at the creepy old man hoping you would walk away. 😉

Have fun at your next Concours d'Elégance or Barrett Jackson auction.

post #104 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 05:10 AM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
maybe you can afford the cars at Concours d'Elégancel. Sure wouldn't do me a pinch of @@@@ to go there. Me I'm just a good old boy. A middle class retired American. Grew up with muscle cars and detest those pimple poppers running around with 6 inch tail pipes. Ive never bought a vechicle that wasn't American and never will. Spent 8 years in the service and the rest of my life as an electrical lineman. Worked dammed hard for everything I own and may not pull down a 100k a year but had a good life. I'm an avid gun owner and voted for trump. Hows that! You have me figured out yet. Conservative blue colar redneck and proud of it. So you about know where you can stick that uppity Concours d'Elégance and those ricer cars. Where do you come off even thinking your better then those hard working americans that might be missing a tooth or two. But as an American you have the right to disagree and to buy and drive what you want. I fought for your right to do just that.
Thanks for your service.

post #105 of 114 Old 02-14-2017, 06:03 AM
-OIIIIIIIO-01
Fab skills required....

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I also thank you for your service.

Unfortunately I'm unsub'ing from this bickerfest

91 YJ 4.0/AX15/231J
HP D30 /Akebono's /1 Ton GM Crossover Steering
Ford 8.8/ Trac loc LSD
35x12.5x16 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Walbro255 MetalCloaks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.