LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 114 Old 02-08-2017, 07:07 PM
M151Mutt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Uh no, I'm more a WRX guy.

But hey it's cool not everyone can handle a car that actually HANDLES.
I really don't see the appeal in little girl's cars

97 Mutt Jeep. No Rollbar. Custom Fab Grill, Fenders, Corners and Paintjob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 114 Old 02-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M151Mutt View Post
I really don't see the appeal in little girl's cars
I don't know how many other ways I can politely say it. I wouldn't expect someone who is insecure enough to to attempt to insult someone else's taste by feminizing a car to understand the appeal of such a machine.

But if you want to roll with the analogy, maybe women understand what it is like to use skill instead of just brute force.

Maybe surgical steel is superior to a blunt axe.

Maybe any moron can go fast in a straight line.

I dunno, but to quote an oft controversial Harley line, if I have to explain it you wouldn't....

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #63 of 114 Old 02-08-2017, 09:11 PM
M151Mutt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
I don't know how many other ways I can politely say it. I wouldn't expect someone who is insecure enough to to attempt to insult someone else's taste by feminizing a car to understand the appeal of such a machine.

But if you want to roll with the analogy, maybe women understand what it is like to use skill instead of just brute force.

I dunno, but to quote an oft controversial Harley line, if I have to explain it you wouldn't....

G

post #64 of 114 Old 02-08-2017, 09:15 PM
M151Mutt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:

I prefer brute strength. Big V8 muscle cars and monstrous SUVs/Trucks. For me, Mini Coopers, VW beetles and Kia Souls are on the opposite end of the awesome spectrum, but you do you

post #65 of 114 Old 02-08-2017, 09:59 PM
arbakken
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
are you trying to say the Focus is cool?
The Focus is cool! I made fun of them too until I drove the one my parent's bought. Then I bought my own, and over the past 10+ years I've put 180k on top of the 50k it had. In the average two years, I spend a little less than I do on one Jeep payment. It handles like a sports car, gets good mileage, does everything asked of it (towed 2800 lbs, gone off road... dent in the oil pan proves it), and it keeps garbage commuting miles off the JK. Believe it or not, it's FUN to drive.

So yeah, cool.
post #66 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 04:13 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

more of an ls6 chevelle guy myself.
Quote:
Uh no, I'm more a WRX guy.

But hey it's cool not everyone can handle a car that actually HANDLES.

2015willys 4 cyl tj 2017 silverado yamaha grizzly, Polaris rzr 04 z06 vette, 600/800 crossfire cat
post #67 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 06:07 AM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovi82nd View Post
So Ford released they will be brining back the Bronco, anyone think it will compete with the wrangler? Someone told me that the Bronco isn't really meant to off road, but I though it was. Correct me if I am wrong. Also will it be solid axle or IFS?
The way FCA is messing up the Jeep brand, the new Bronco will not only compete, but take a share of Wrangler sales.

2006 Trail Rated Commander 4.7L V8, 2" RC Lift
post #68 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 06:23 AM
lloydsmale
2015 JK Wrangler 

how do you feel there messing up the jeep brand. Id have to guess that jeep sales are better today then they ever were.

2015willys 4 cyl tj 2017 silverado yamaha grizzly, Polaris rzr 04 z06 vette, 600/800 crossfire cat
post #69 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 AM
MDWG
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDWG View Post
They are predicting it'll be an ecoboost motor, I think saying the same 2.4L as in the current Mustang.

They're saying the Ranger will be the T6 thats currently in Aussieland, BoF, and reportedly that's an offroad beast. I hope FCA has their gamefaces on.
FCA just made a SRT Durango and is about to come out with the Dodge Demon and a Hellcat Grand Cherokee! While Ford is going the wimpy route
Quote:

I prefer brute strength. Big V8 muscle cars and monstrous SUVs/Trucks. For me, Mini Coopers, VW beetles and Kia Souls are on the opposite end of the awesome spectrum, but you do you
Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.

Those big V8s are fun until you have to visit the pump. Personally I don't mind a TT I4/V6 if it means I can enjoy myself more in the meantime. I use my Jeep as a DD, so the extra fuel mileage is appreciated, I love my hemi Ram, but I use it only to tow my boat.

Ford is giving the consumer what they want, a weekend wheeler/utility truck that doesn't break the bank when you visit pump every couple of days. Just because it's big and powerful doesn't mean it'll sell necessarily.
puppybreath likes this.
post #70 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 10:02 AM
6Commander
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDWG View Post

Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.

Those big V8s are fun until you have to visit the pump. Personally I don't mind a TT I4/V6 if it means I can enjoy myself more in the meantime. I use my Jeep as a DD, so the extra fuel mileage is appreciated, I love my hemi Ram, but I use it only to tow my boat.

Ford is giving the consumer what they want, a weekend wheeler/utility truck that doesn't break the bank when you visit pump every couple of days. Just because it's big and powerful doesn't mean it'll sell necessarily.
Horsepower is still the name of the game especially since gas is relatively cheap. V8 advantage is in lower rpm and less wear and tear.

2006 Trail Rated Commander 4.7L V8, 2" RC Lift
post #71 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 11:05 AM
xxdabroxx
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Apples and oranges I know, but still:

I'm no ford or compact guy but the focus is pretty cool for a little car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #72 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 11:06 AM
MDWG
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Commander View Post
Horsepower is still the name of the game especially since gas is relatively cheap. V8 advantage is in lower rpm and less wear and tear.
Yes and what is the advantage of 500hp in a vehicle that can easily move about quickly with 360hp. TBH I love v8s I love the sound, power range etc. but it's not only about the HP, sometimes too much hp is a bad thing, especially if you can't put that full power to use. I can have 1000hp car, but if I only use 250hp of that max range the rest of that is just unused potential. I don't know too many people that have need for the full power band a V8 has on a daily basis, there's a reason why they are slowly becoming less and less popular.

[_|_,[__],
[--|_|- OlllllO-
( )_) ( )_)-)_)
post #73 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Sideboob

Quote:
Ha.. ha. Ha HAHA HAHA!!!! THAT THING IS A HIDEOUS JOKE! I bet you think VW Golf is a cool car too huh?
The GTI has always been cool. And the Golf R is a fantastic car to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdabroxx View Post
Apples and oranges I know, but still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

I'm no ford or compact guy but the focus is pretty cool for a little car.
That's a Fiesta, but yes very cool.
post #74 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 03:11 PM
M151Mutt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbakken View Post
The Focus is cool! I made fun of them too until I drove the one my parent's bought. Then I bought my own, and over the past 10+ years I've put 180k on top of the 50k it had. In the average two years, I spend a little less than I do on one Jeep payment. It handles like a sports car, gets good mileage, does everything asked of it (towed 2800 lbs, gone off road... dent in the oil pan proves it), and it keeps garbage commuting miles off the JK. Believe it or not, it's FUN to drive.

So yeah, cool.
I can't stand the design of those cars. Scion XB, Toyota Yaris, GTI, Ford Fiesta. All the same to me. IMO a big V8 RWD, while not as agile and precise is a heck of a lot more fun. Even if they are slower and can't corner well. Park a Dodge Challenger next to a Ford Focus. Which one would you lust after and which one looks like something a college freshmen vegan sjw would drive?

post #75 of 114 Old 02-09-2017, 03:24 PM
vlackattack
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
how do you feel there messing up the jeep brand. Id have to guess that jeep sales are better today then they ever were.
Just a guess: They make 4 door Wranglers, the Renegade and Cherokee aren't "real" Jeeps. The usual things that people say when they don't realize that Jeep wouldn't still exist if they only made 2 door Wranglers and nothing else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.