Brake Line Installation - Bend Before or During? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Brake Line Installation - Bend Before or During?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Brake Line Installation - Bend Before or During?

I will be replacing my passenger side front brake line tomorrow and to make it as painless as possible I am looking for some experience.
I've never run a full replacement before I am just used to sections with compression fittings so I have no past experience on it.

When I'm running the new line do I bend the entire thing to match the old line first and then fish it through the twists and turns or do I bend the first section, then attach it to the booster then bend another section and then another and so on?

Both options seem like a PIA to me.

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
LimeLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Does matter which way you do it. It is not like you have to fish it through several holes in the body. The lines just run along the frame rails.

Also, the brake lines from the dealership are usually $5 to $10 for each brake line bent to factory specifications. I spent $20 to get all the brake lines for my XJ.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.