BOUGHT A mOAB - HOW DO YOU USE THE AUTO SHIFTER - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > BOUGHT A mOAB - HOW DO YOU USE THE AUTO SHIFTER

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #1
DARTICUS

BOUGHT A mOAB - HOW DO YOU USE THE AUTO SHIFTER

When shifting the auto trans manually how does it work? Can you shift to a higher gear 5 while going slow? Do you have to be doing a certain speed? Seems like while going 25 mph I can't put in 5 only up to 4. Thanks Ron

20130528_1.jpg   20130528_2.jpg  
DARTICUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTICUS View Post
When shifting the auto trans manually how does it work? Can you shift to a higher gear 5 while going slow? Do you have to be doing a certain speed? Seems like while going 25 mph I can't put in 5 only up to 4. Thanks Ron
just slap the stick to the right and it will shift throught the gears manualy.. I wish there was an option to turn it off as it often gets stuck in first when my wife puts her purse there. personaly I do not find it all that usefull. might be usefull when crawling.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
might be usefull when crawling.
Yes it is, more like amazing. In a Rubi it really shows off its wizardry in the rocks. If you read up on what is in a w580, how it works. hard to belive we got this in a Jeep. you may not feel it but each gears has two stages.

But yes i too wish they had a OFF switch. as I have had people push it with an arm etc. Dumping us into low and reving the motor. It is touch little beast mine takes hardly a touch to shift it. just rest your hand and hit a bump can.
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
Airborne Lee
2013 JK Wrangler 

I thought this was an issue also, but hitting neutral then back to drive is not an issue.
3 Previous Jeeps - 01 WJ Ltd, QD & UC - 01 WJ Ltd, QT II - 98 XJ Ltd
Airborne Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

The use of to neutral is critical off road. Its a good thing they did make justa tap UP. If you ever get on something very steep where you are about to do a front over rear flop. N is like a cutch it will roll out. Just dont hit the brake until you KNOW it wont unload the springs and flip you over anyway. Like I said this trans they used is the cats a$$ compared to the last 42rle 4 speed. Pluss it can handle up to 426ftlbs. compared to the later trans that was about 250ftlbs. I think the best of the lastest Jeep is this trans not the motor. Put this trans in a 011 would be like going from 3:2o gears to 4:1. fun stuff just to bad its lke a 1200$ option.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.