Black, Silver or Charcoal? 2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Black, Silver or Charcoal? 2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Black, Silver or Charcoal? 2010 JK Unlimited Rubicon

Getting ready to pull the trigger and either dealer locate or order a 2010 Loaded Dual Top w/ NAV Rubicon in either Black, Silver, or Charcoal. Which color would you go with and why? I know if I decided on Black or Silver I will possibly try and find a 2009. If I decide on Charcoal, it'll obviously have to be a 2010. IMO black cars look the best, but are hard to keep clean; Silver looks sleek and doesn't show dirt too bad either; And, I'm really curious to see the new Charcoal color.

JKashat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

I've seen a pic of a charcoal JK. I want. Tis the color I am painting my YJ down the road. Besides it being my preferred color out of the three, I like it because fewer JK's will be that color, and a lot of people have an appreciation for that color. It always gets the double-take. Not that I like being an attention whore, but yeah.

Brandon
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^That's a good point. Being as the Charcoal is a new for 2010 color there will definitely be very few on the road compared to Black or Silver which have been on the road since late 2006. Maybe I'll check out some of my local dealerships to see a Charcoal JKU in person to decide. If I go Black I'm taking off the silver "Rubicon" lettering on the hood and replacing it with black lettering. I like the blacked out look. I suppose the Charcoal would have more of a stealthy look with tinted windows, black wheels, and black powdercoated accessories...
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone here have a 2010 Wrangler in the new Charcoal color yet?
If so, could you post up some pics so I could see? Thanks in advance!
Unread 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
gpb

Of these choices, Silver:

I've owned a black car before and will never do so again. Too much time and care required to keep that color looking good. Looks fantastic when you keep up with it; I have other things I'd rather spend time on.

Charcoal might suffer similar issues depending on what it looks like in person, haven't seen it yet.
gpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
QUIESCO

You will probably have to order it there aren't that many 2010's on the dealership lots & what little they have they will want to keep probably. If you order I wouldn't plan on delivery until after 2010 starts (the Wrangler plant in Toledo is closed/idle this week due to severe parts shortage) so they are slow cranking out 2010's

When I ordered my Wrangler in August I was given estimate of 3 months for delivery. Jeep salesman called me last week & told me my order had just been upgraded to "D" status, of course this was before the plant closed down...

You can go to Jeep.com & check the inventory of all the Jeep dealerships like within a 200 mile radius to see if there is a Wrangler like you want at a dealership - you will probably see most dealerships still have more 2009 models than 2010's in inventory on the lot.

You can also check ebay.com they have lots of brand new Jeeps for sale there as well.
QUIESCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Stopped by Jeep dealership on my way home from the office. They didn't have any Rubicons in stock, or any 2010's in the new Charcoal color. I had the salesperson price out what I would want. It came to $38,125 MSRP (USD) and FWP (USD) or $35,593. These prices are before Tax, Title & Registration but include the Destination Fee. He told he'd have to special order it and would require a $500 non-refundable deposit. He also said that I should order it this week because the plant would be shut down for the week of Thanksgiving, and that it would take about 6 weeks to get the vehicle in. I was also told there is currently $2,000 in rebates.

The order would be as follows:
JKJS74 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
24R Customer Preferred Package 24R
EGT 3.8L V6 SMPI Engine
DGV 4-Spd. Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans
PAV Dk. Charcoal Pearl Coat
APA Monotone Paint (painted flares, said it could now be done on a Rubi)
*PL Two Tone Leather Trimmed Seats
-DD Dk Slate Gray/Med Slate Gray
VKX Black Freedom Top 3-Piece Hard Top
6B7 Paint Order Code
763 Mopar UConnect Web
AEM Dual Top Group
XBM Remote Start System
RER Media Center 730N CD/DVD/MP3 Radio
CJ1 Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags
YGE 5 Additional Gallons of Gas

I'm going to go to another dealership that I know has a Rubi and Sahara for a test drive.
Any input would be appreciated, Thanks!
Unread 10-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nothing looks good in silver. Sorry to anyone with a silver cars.
Unread 10-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

silver does not show trail scratches.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #10
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
silver does not show trail scratches.
or just about anything else. My wife's Libby is silver. That thing never looks dirty.

Me? I think I would lean toward the Charcoal out of those three. The two downsides are it will show dirt just like any other dark color will and (from what I have been reading here), expect to wait a long time for a Dark Charcoal Wrangler.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

My Jeep Pics

I live. I wheel. I am. Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #11
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think I decided on the Charcoal. Took the wife to another local dealer that had a Unlimited Rubicon, in stock (Surf Blue), for a test drive. She liked it and so it's a go for a loaded Rubicon and not a loaded Sahara. Only problem is, the dealer said that it could take up to 4 months to get it as there are shortages from suppliers on such items as the NAV and soft top. I would still go ahead w/ the order and get only the hard top (get a soft top later), but the NAV is important to me. Also, the first dealership told they need a $500 non-refundable deposit and there were $2000 in rebates & incentives. The second dealer asked for a deposit but told me that it would be refundable and that there were $1000 in rebates & incentives. Which one is correct? What do you guys think I should do? A big part of the reason I wanted the Jeep was so that I wouldn't have to drive my Infiniti G37S Coupe in the winter.
Unread 10-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #12
asf06
1993 YJ Wrangler 

charcoal is my favorite color for the JKs. get
It can't be a scam. There's pictures of Asian people in business suits pointing at charts and graphs.
PIKE Jeepers #1
Jeep Smokeless #4
asf06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok, I have decided on the Dk. Charcoal Pearl. I'm not going to end up ordering a fully loaded one w/ NAV & Leather though. I'm going to take one that the dealership already has on order for inventory. It's a Rubicon, Automatic, Hard Top (not dual top), Two Tone Gray Cloth Interior, Hitch (w/ 3.73 gear), 6 Disk In dash Changer, and side airbags. I did want the Monotoned Fender Flare which are available on Rubicons now and the 4.10 gear, but I need it before winter. This one is supposed to arrive the 1st or 2nd week of November. Is the 3.73 gear gonna be bad compared to the 4.10 gear though?
Unread 10-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
....I did want the Monotoned Fender Flare which are available on Rubicons now....

You mean like the Saharas? If so, that's pretty good. I would like to see what a white one would look like with matching flares. White used to be common on the Saharas. The JKs seem to be the exception of the rule.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

My Jeep Pics

I live. I wheel. I am. Jeep
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #15
JKashat
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
You mean like the Saharas? If so, that's pretty good. I would like to see what a white one would look like with matching flares. White used to be common on the Saharas. The JKs seem to be the exception of the rule.
Yeah, you can now order Rubicons and I think Sports with the color matched flares like the Sahara comes with standard. I really wanted the color matched flares but I'm not gonna wait potentially a long time for them.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.