Bikini Top w/ Drill-in Header Bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Bikini Top w/ Drill-in Header Bar

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bikini Top w/ Drill-in Header Bar

Hello all.

Just curious to know if anyone else has this problem.

I have a Mopar bikini top with drill-in header bar.

Right where the hard top would normally clamp in, I get serious leaking if it has been raining. I do my part to bang all the water off the roof prior to taking her out but you know you can't get it all.

If I stop, water leaks right through where the hard top would clamp in. It just so happens that it land on the steering column.

Because of this, I am on my second clockspring.

So, do you have this issue as well? Were you able to remedy is with a fix and how so?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

JT

funky_boss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
funky_boss23
1999 TJ Wrangler 

31 views.

Has no one had this problem before?
funky_boss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
Eric1371
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Can't speak for the mopar drill in header but I used my best top drill in header twice in the last 9 months I've owned it, either hard top or no top for this guy...
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
relgnarw
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've not had that problem. I used to have that setup before but I switched to a no drill style and it works fine. Why not just get rid of the drill/screw type and go to the no drill type? I know you have the one setup but it seems to me if you were having troubles with it it might be easier to just get rid of it. It might save alot of aggravation in the long run.

My onboard air build.
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/viair-install-02-tj-w-cruise-5-spd-1379665/[/url]
relgnarw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
uncleroman
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i had that setup. it looked like it could leak but never tested it now i have a rampage that i leave safari 99.9% no leaks
uncleroman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.