bikini top questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > bikini top questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
xlTravislx

1994 YJ Wrangler 

bikini top questions

well.. i think here in Florida winter is about over (to most people it never started, our lowest temps this year were only in the 35's)

Its time for a new bikini top. my dad used to have a bikini top that only covered the front part of the jeep. im thinking about one that goes over the top & rear.

questions:
1.if you've had both what do you like better?

2.do you still get as wet with the full bikini top as you do with the front part only one?

This is what im looking at:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/suncap-plus...7d1202y1994j4#

and

http://www.jcwhitney.com/suncap/p200...uestid=3399104

Unread 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
xlTravislx

1994 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the help guys.
Unread 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

I never had the safari top, but I can tell you wind/rain get's sucked in from the back and get's pulled forward. To truley stay dry, you'll need a Windjammer. I ran one for years and in the summer it's all I run, unless the forcast is for days of rain, then I throw on the soft top.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Alabamaranger
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had both. go with the safari top. More shade for your passengers in back and will keep you dryer. Still you will get some rear water suck up from the rear but it's a Jeep thing.
Unread 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
xlTravislx

1994 YJ Wrangler 

yeah im not to worried about the water. i go mudding at least once a week so i have to wash the inside out with a hose anyway. im more concerned about climbing in a sokeing wet jeep that ben parked in the rain all day. thats never fun =/

is it possible to like jerry rig that back part of materal that goes over the back seats to fold up or something so its like a half bikini top and half safari top?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.