Bestop customer service = bad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Bestop customer service = bad

KrawlOff-Road.com now Carries Iron Rock Off Road!!!!!Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
IamJerry
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop customer service = bad

Have any of you guys had problems with Bestop products? I bought a lot of products (complete soft doors, duster, bikini top, header bar, and wind jammer) from them. The duster has about a 4" sag and the bikini and header bar are just awful. I called and sent pix 5 weeks ago and have had several conversations with them since. They say they will take care of it but nothing ever happens. Here is what they look like.

IamJerry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Its proly that Harley sticker!
That always messes stuff up

[I]Errrrrrr[/I], Will complain else where - &y
Andywear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So whats wrong with it? Just push the top back in. Try this for the duster: http://www.skidplates.com/TopProp.asp
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
rondak46
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Boooooooo!! That sucks. They take your money, send out crap, and wait for you to just give up and keep their crap! I will stay away from them!
rondak46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondak46 View Post
Boooooooo!! That sucks. They take your money, send out crap, and wait for you to just give up and keep their crap! I will stay away from them!
One person having an issue like this is hardly reason to avoid the best top manufacturer.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't have waited 5 weeks, then post here first. I would have contacted Bestop to find out what the problem is, then depending on what they said or did, I'd then post here.
AntiPrius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
lax22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Make that two. I had mine fly off on the highway and that was not fun. Those no drill headers are junk and all they care about is getting your money like most of the big companies out there. I like to support small businesses.
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like an install problem on the header.My neighbor had a Bestop rat and he didn't like the way an inside seam lined up. He called bestop and they sent him a free replacement and let him keep the sailcloth top with the "bad" seam.I couldn't even tell what he was talking about and bought the old top from him for $75.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
Benderff
Garage Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Seems like most of the "story" about the bad service on the phone it missing, like usual with these rant threads. By the pictures it would seem a little common sense would go a long way. Are you surprised how gravity works on that duster cover?

I don't have any Besttop products, but threads like this are weak. Come back when you have some real info, and not just venting.
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
j_niko
2009 JK Wrangler 

All I can say about best Top customers service is, I just mentioned on this forum once that my sliders (used) didn't line up and seal all that great.

Next thing I know, one of their reps is e-mailing me asking me what my mailing address was and they sent me some spacers with set screws in them to adjust the slider.

IMO that was way above and beyond. I didn't expect them to 1-read about my small issue; and 2- do anything about it because I bought them used.

THAT is standing by your product.

That was all I needed to guarantee that I will buy from them when I need something again.

That has been my only dealing with them so far, and wont be my last.
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
Notch516
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just IATA led my first best top product, a safari top with no drill header. On the top there is a rip in the seam. I am not sure if this is common or the exception. I plan on sending a pic to best top, I will defenetely post a review of their customer service.
Notch516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
IamJerry
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPrius View Post
One person having an issue like this is hardly reason to avoid the best top manufacturer.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't have waited 5 weeks, then post here first. I would have contacted Bestop to find out what the problem is, then depending on what they said or did, I'd then post here.
Go back and re-read my post. I contacted them 5 WEEKS AGO. I waited this long before posting on here. They say they will replace them but it never happens.
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
IamJerry
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
Seems like most of the "story" about the bad service on the phone it missing, like usual with these rant threads. By the pictures it would seem a little common sense would go a long way. Are you surprised how gravity works on that duster cover?

I don't have any Besttop products, but threads like this are weak. Come back when you have some real info, and not just venting.
Maybe you should re-read my post too. Nothing missing, they say they will replace them but it never happens. Not venting, just wondering if this is normal for Bestop.
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
Benderff
Garage Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe you should stop being passive aggressive, call them and find out what's going on. The "nothing happens" story is weak.
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
Fropleyqk
1999 TJ Wrangler 

YAY!!!! I love threads like this!

1. You posted in the wrong forum
2. Your rant is going to backfire on you
3. Youre already getting butthurt which equals lots of entertainment for the rest of us!

Ive got a best top safari top. Ive put it on and off waaaaay more times that I should have and it still shows no signs of wear or tearing. I love it. Absolutely nothing bad to say about it!
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
Benderff
Garage Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropleyqk View Post
3. Youre already getting butthurt which equals lots of entertainment for the rest of us!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.