Best prices on consoles? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Best prices on consoles?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Best prices on consoles?

I've looked high and low and can't seem to find anywhere with a lower price than $345 for a Tuffy Series II console for my TJ. Is the piece of metal at the front that covers the shifters really worth an extra $100? Or if any of you have fabbed something of your own to cover the shifters, I'd like to see a pic. Yes, I've been scouring Craigslist for something used like crazy. But with no luck.

Bhamshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
GP_Outfitters

I scoured my wholesalers trying to find one that I could sell you cheaper, but any cheaper and there's no profit. It's just not an item with a lot of wiggle room.
GP_Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Outfitters View Post
I scoured my wholesalers trying to find one that I could sell you cheaper, but any cheaper and there's no profit. It's just not an item with a lot of wiggle room.
That's what I figured, when almost every single vendor I ran across had it priced between 345 and 360 or so.

I found a place in Atlanta that I want to check out anyways, and my wife sold an older bedroom suit of ours last night and is itching to make the drive over to the Ikea store for some new furniture. How convenient that I can drop her off there, swing over to the Jeep place, and go back and pick her up with a new console in place.
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
tamu83cj
1983 CJ7 

Google double d fabricators. I just had a custom made console built by Dan and it blows away anything else in the market at less than 75% the cost of tuffy.
tamu83cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu83cj View Post
Google double d fabricators. I just had a custom made console built by Dan and it blows away anything else in the market at less than 75% the cost of tuffy.
Do you mind posting or sending me pics?
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
tamu83cj
1983 CJ7 

It is getting powder coated but I will send pics when I get it back. He can make anything you want, just send him the details. Mine has a place for speakers in the back, and tuffy style cup holders. It is the exact measurements I wanted, Dan designs them and sends you to review and approve. Made of quality steel.
Unread 07-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
GP_Outfitters

Thanks tamu, I might just have me a new wholesaler!
GP_Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It is getting powder coated but I will send pics when I get it back. He can make anything you want, just send him the details. Mine has a place for speakers in the back, and tuffy style cup holders. It is the exact measurements I wanted, Dan designs them and sends you to review and approve. Made of quality steel.
Thanks again. I fired off an email to him yesterday.
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
tamu83cj
1983 CJ7 

Just got the console back powder coated. It looks great. I plan to install this weekend, but I have sat in the jeep and it is exactly what I needed.
image-3494275110.jpg   image-2020996781.jpg   image-1632593305.jpg  
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just got the console back powder coated. It looks great. I plan to install this weekend, but I have sat in the jeep and it is exactly what I needed.
That looks great. My last email from him the other day said he was borrowing a TJ to get some measurements and get the design laid out for me. What's funny is my wife keeps asking me when my new console is coming in. I don't think she's gone for a ride with me since I took the old one out to sell it. Something about a lack of cupholders.....
Unread 08-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

As far as Tuffy...they make good stuff. Had one in my TJ...and their prices haven't gone up any extraordinary amount in the last 8 years since I put it in (about $100...)

That said...that Double D one looks good. If it's the same gauge...can't see not grabbing it
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.