Back surgery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Back surgery

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Back surgery

I'm having my back surgery (discectomy / laminectomy) tomorrow afternoon, May 12th, at CMC Hospital in Scranton.

This is due to a car accident that occurred on May 20th, 2007. Woman was drunk and driving on the wrong side of the road.... hit me head on in excess of 50 MPH.

I was 24 years old. I went through physical therapy twice and had 3 cortisone injections. Nothing worked.

Wish me luck. Maybe I won't feel like an old man anymore and get back to feeling like a normal 20-something year old.

So no more wrenching on the Jeep for a while. I made sure I got a little in this afternoon.... finally replacing a bleeder valve that I stripped a while back. ha ha

My buddies are taking me out for a quick brew before I hit that "no eating or drinking anything after midnight."

--- Ross

You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
peddlerofpunk
2005 TJ Wrangler 

good luck bro, hope u have a speedy recovery!

PUNK ISNT DEAD
Red Jeep Club member #200
peddlerofpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

GL to ya. The aftermath of accidents are never fun.
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just make sure if they put you under, and they give one of the little things to blow into after your done, keep with it, I just got done with a two week recovery from pneumonia, after I had my gall bladder removed.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
brunosplace
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck to you, hope all goes well.
Big tires, done right, are FREAKING EXPENSIVE. Deal with it, or don't go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnjeep View Post
I live in the land where they salt cure roadkill.
97 Jeep TJ Sport, 4.0L, Auto, 3" BDS Lift (SOLD)
98 Jeep ZJ Laredo 4.0L, Auto, Stock Totaled, parted out and scrapped
96 Jeep XJ Sport, parted out and scrapped

Tummy Tuck without a body lift. Finished!!

Superior Axle & Gear TJ/XJ Dana 44 Discovery Shafts (DC45 kit) for sale
brunosplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Hope everything goes well and you picked a good hospital!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

good luck!! Hope it goes well for you...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Hope all goes well. You do realize that after the surgery you will be impotent right?
Unread 05-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #9
Red_Dawg
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Trust me, you will feel like a new man after the surgery. I was in a similar situation when I was involved in a wreck where I was rear ended by someone. I was nearly at a complete stop, she was at 55+ mph, good thing I was in a Chevelle! Anywho, I went years before getting the surgery. I had 2 hernieated discs for years in my lower back that cause severe discomfort and nerve problems in my leg. I prognasticated since I had a bad experience with knee surgery. Anyway, the pain got so bad after one disc ruptured, I had to have surgery. 2 weeks after my discectomy, I felt like a new man. I was able to move pain free and do things I haven't done in years! You will be A-okay within a month and back to wrenching in no time. Good luck and keep us updated!
Red_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
DME
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good luck

I had it done when I was around 26, and then once again when I was around 29.

I ignored the PT and the doctors rehab advice and have never felt better.

I squat 300 and deadlift 405. Nothing huge but since I am starting from zero I am happy.

I worked out a whole rehab routine in the gym, feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it.

Dave
DME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #11
GIJOEBILL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Good Luck!! Just had a second injection to my spinal cord yesterday.
Restrolisthesis!! Trying to avoid back surgery.
Wish you luck and quick recovery.
GIJOEBILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hope all is going well for you. I know what a bad back is like as I ruined my back when I was 26 while mountain biking.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
timmyt
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i hope the surgery went well. did you at least get to put the RC sticker on before you went under the knife???

timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
REXEY

Recover well.... We are awaiting your return.
Unread 05-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
lloydsmale
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i feel your pain. In the last two years ive had 5 back surgerys. 3 discectomys and two surgerys for a spinal stimulator. One to put it in and one to replace it when it failed. the stimualator doesnt help as much as id like and for the most part its still narcotics that get me through the rough times. I hope you have better luck with the surgerys then i had. If i had to do it over i would have lived with what i had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Jack View Post
I'm having my back surgery (discectomy / laminectomy) tomorrow afternoon, May 12th, at CMC Hospital in Scranton.

This is due to a car accident that occurred on May 20th, 2007. Woman was drunk and driving on the wrong side of the road.... hit me head on in excess of 50 MPH.

I was 24 years old. I went through physical therapy twice and had 3 cortisone injections. Nothing worked.

Wish me luck. Maybe I won't feel like an old man anymore and get back to feeling like a normal 20-something year old.

So no more wrenching on the Jeep for a while. I made sure I got a little in this afternoon.... finally replacing a bleeder valve that I stripped a while back. ha ha

My buddies are taking me out for a quick brew before I hit that "no eating or drinking anything after midnight."

--- Ross
my off road toys are a 2000 yellow 4 cyl with a 2 inch lift and 31 bfgs. A 2006 silverado club cab 4x4 with a 310 hp, K&N intake, borla exaust, computer reprogramed by westers, 285/17 bfg mud terrains. A yamaha grizzly, A yamaha raptor and a yamaha warrior, honda big red, 2009 polaris rzr
lloydsmale is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.