Attention Miami, FL - looking for qualified hardtop painter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Attention Miami, FL - looking for qualified hardtop painter

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
MIA98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Attention Miami, FL - looking for qualified hardtop painter

Hey guys...I'm looking for someone in Miami, FL who has experience in area of painting Jeep hardtops. The top also needs some very minor fiberglass work done to it.

Please provide a phone number and address of your shop.

Thanks!

MIA98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Dead_End
2000 TJ Wrangler 

are you wanting to paint it flat black (or something similar) or are you wanting to have it color-matched to the body? Unless it's the latter you could do it yourself with spray cans. Fiberglass work isn't hard either. you can get repair kits at autozone (next to the bondo). it would save you a ton of money over getting it professionally prepped and painted
Dead_End is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It doesn't take anyone special to do that work. You can do it yourself.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I bought a tan top for my last tj and had to paint it black. I sprayed it with cans but didnt like thew streakie look it left. I ended up with a gallon of rustoleum semi flat black and a smooth finish purdy paint roller and it came out absolutely perfect. Try it!
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
MIA98TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the replies so far!

I live in a condo so it's tough to do handy work on the TJ however I'm sure I can find a place to do the work.

Now, have any of you experienced any paint chipping, etc? I've been told that after painting the top it will eventually start to chip off? is that true?

DVDSJK do you have any pictures you can post of your hardtop after you painted it using the rustoleum?
MIA98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I'll see if I can dig a pic up. But I did prep with what they call liquid de-glosser. It actually acts as sort of a sand paper, chemically "roughing" up the paint underneath for better sticking of your top coat.
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
hartke20g
1998 TJ Wrangler 

where in miami are you? i have a neighbor who owns a body shop. but like the others have said, it ain't cheap! i'd be willing to lend a hand should you decide to do it yourself. send me a PM if you're interested in either option.
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
Dead_End
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I sprayed bedliner on the hard top and it looks great. so far has held up quite well. I've had a canoe on top a few times and haven't had any cracking or peeling. Took 3 cans of duplicolor spray on bedliner, and you can get it at Advanced, O'rileys, autozone, etc.
Dead_End is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass , hardtop , paint

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.