Arizona > Hawaii - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Arizona > Hawaii

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
-Zona-

Arizona > Hawaii

In Hawaii, Jeeps rarely wave to each other- mods or stock I noticed that no one waved. I figure maybe 1 in 20 Jeeps waved. Now I understand being preoccupied or spaced out while driving but it seems to me the 'wave' never made it there in the first place- or it's dead.

Fast forward to the first week of April when I go pick up my Rubi from the port, in San Diego- I got a few waves- but not to many all throughout the I-8 corridor.

Presently in Tucson, the wave is 50/50 but I attribute that to the city-ots that don't know about 'the wave'. However, down here in Sierra Vista, the wave is alive and well and it feels great to get a wave 90% of the time- from all kinds of Jeeps.

Basically I'd just like to thank Jeepers in SE Arizona for making me feel even more at home despite my PCS move, it's actually kind of thrilling to see this much down here.

Ok I'm done.

-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Don't put a lot of stock in the jeep wave, there's a lot more jeeps on the road now than there use to be. Were not really unique any longer as we once were. Jeeps use to be the red neck out doorsey crowd, they have become more mainstream in recent years. You see girls as well as suits driving them now. Us snuff chewers and deer hunters get lost among the soccer mom's and professionals cruising jeeps. It's the CJ and YJ people that tend to be jeep diehards, you can find anyone driving newer jeeps. The god thing is that it means jeeps has more of a wide range appeal and is likely to get bought if chrysler goes under.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
AFhockey31
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell View Post
Don't put a lot of stock in the jeep wave, there's a lot more jeeps on the road now than there use to be. Were not really unique any longer as we once were. Jeeps use to be the red neck out doorsey crowd, they have become more mainstream in recent years. You see girls as well as suits driving them now. Us snuff chewers and deer hunters get lost among the soccer mom's and professionals cruising jeeps. It's the CJ and YJ people that tend to be jeep diehards, you can find anyone driving newer jeeps. The god thing is that it means jeeps has more of a wide range appeal and is likely to get bought if chrysler goes under.
youre always a bright and shining ray of light arent you
AFhockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I try to be. In this case just expressing how much jeep has grown in mainstream popularity. Jeeps aren't just for us hand waveing beer drinking good ole boy's anymore he he!!
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #5
CockyB
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lived in HI for 2 years. The reason they don't wave is b/c most of them are tourists that are renting a jeep for the first time.
Red Jeep Club #492
http://www.jbccoffroad.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
Stop spelling "advice" with an S instead of a C. Advise is a verb, advice is a noun. EXAMPLES:
"Thanks for the advice."
"I advise you to learn how to spell."
CockyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
orange_rubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

i'll wave

'81 cj-5 - being restored w/ dad - keeping the 151
orange_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyB View Post
Lived in HI for 2 years. The reason they don't wave is b/c most of them are tourists that are renting a jeep for the first time.
+1, this is what I was going to say. Felt like such a loser on the road to Hana in my family's rented Windstar with everyone else in TJs a few years back...

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #8
Oregun
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I agree w/ the other guys but I'd like to add to it. Besides the tourism part, Hawaii is a very racist place, personally it never bothered me but that's just the way it is. So, if you're haole, you aren't as likely to get a returned wave from a local. It's just the way it is, I was born and raised on Oahu and visited the other islands many times.
Oregun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.