Anyone tow yet with the 3.6 as I still like the JKs even though I... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Anyone tow yet with the 3.6 as I still like the JKs even though I...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
randyhub

Anyone tow yet with the 3.6 as I still like the JKs even though I...

So after having various Jeeps over the last 20 years I had to make a decision as now I have a family.

I waited for the new 3.6 engine option but it came too late and frankly still was disappointed with the 3500 lb max towing capacity.

Recently saw the Call of Duty JK and love it but I just don't understand why Dodge says the cooling system limits the towing capacity????? I love that look!

I have lots of buddys with Jeeps and if not for my family needs I would have stayed with the Jeep but I needed to make a change.

Must say the suspension worried me but to be honest 95% driving is to and from work on the highway 5% is in the bush and between the automatic, air, and the piece of mind with side curtain airbags and stability control I must admit I am enjoying the ride.

So just to be clear I am not Jeep bashing here just saying I had to change my ride for my daily commute and family needs.

Randy still a 4X4 guy

Old faithful:

My Jeep always got me in and out year round:

My new ride:

randyhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
aztec
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 12-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
BradJ

Is there a question in there somewhere?
Yes I've towed with my 3.6 JKU and it does fine.
BradJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
randyhub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJ View Post
Is there a question in there somewhere?
Yes I've towed with my 3.6 JKU and it does fine.
Sorry I guess my question is what higher weight has been towed with the new powertrain as my trailer is 3200 lbs but I do miss the open top fun of the Jeep.

Would be nice if all the SUV makers just put diesels in these platforms.

Thanks

Randy
randyhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Id say you made a better purchase. Id take the new FJ's any day over a JK. If you miss a jeep, Buy a cheap one to play around with. No reason to downgrade for a sticker package. To each his own
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
billy mo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
Id say you made a better purchase. Id take the new FJ's any day over a JK. If you miss a jeep, Buy a cheap one to play around with. No reason to downgrade for a sticker package. To each his own
Now that's just silly talk.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
MayRoll
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy mo View Post
Now that's just silly talk.
Especially if you're serious about wheeling. I like FJ's, but they have an inherent problem offroad.
MayRoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.