Anyone know if a Dana 30 ever came NON Cv but with the smaller u joints, not the 760s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Anyone know if a Dana 30 ever came NON Cv but with the smaller u joints, not the 760s

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
FleXJ96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know if a Dana 30 ever came NON Cv but with the smaller u joints, not the 760s

Some one gave me a spare set of shafts, inners/outers/hubs. The driver is fine in my 01 XJ , but the passenger is is the 2 part shaft. My question is can I find a one piece shaft with a small enough U joint to attach to the outer that the 2 piece was on ? If so what year /model would I be looking for to be able to swap inner on the ones pictured.

This is just for a spare should I need again to get off the trail. thanks

FleXJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That's either out of an early XJ or early YJ, and since you've got the 760s, I'd recommend finding similar replacements. 96-01 XJ or a TJ will have the right axleshafts and u-joints. That will let you keep the same u-joint without a weird spare.

For the record, the smaller 260x u-joint and axleshaft you're looking at came in an 87-91 XJ with an NP231. All the 92+ XJs were non-disconnect, but most (92-95) still had the smaller u-joint, if they didn't have ABS.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The two piece shaft shown was not compatible with the one piece models like you have. Its a completely different monster. Get rid of them and get some one piece shafts. Installing the above shaft will cause tons of damage and permanent 2wheel drive.
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

That's what he's trying to do. There were many one-piece options with the smaller u-joints; I recommend not taking a step backwards like that however. Stay with the larger u-joints like the ones you already have.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
FleXJ96
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have chromos now, this would literally be back up to drive off the trail in case I rip a u joint in half, I can just throw in the entire assembly and drive to the trail head. Guess I'll check some early 90s XJs, thanks guys.
FleXJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.