Anyone with an electric fan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Anyone with an electric fan

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
AlTheKillerr

Anyone with an electric fan

on the outside of their jeep on the front grill? how does it do? do you like it and would you recommend it? im assuming that you keep the stock fan as well? its going to be one hot summer this year here and id like to keep the jeep cool out on the trails.

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
BadAddetude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think most people substitute their mechanical fan for an electric fan.

Also, the protection of being inside the engine bay is why most fans are put there. That's just the way I see it, I'm sure some run pusher fans.
1995 YJ: 4.0, 700R4, 231 C/J case, TeraFlex SS SYE/CV shaft, 8.8 with 3.73 gears, 136 Amp Alternator, Trans Cooler, Pavement Ends Flip-top/H-T, 2'' BDS Suspension Lift, MORE 5/8' Greasables, Sony GT-210 Xplode Head.

Under the Knife! See the build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/badaddetudes-build-project-hrp-602142/
BadAddetude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
jeep63

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I wired up a 'pusher' fan between the grill and radiator and I kept my factory fan too. I use the electric fan when rock crawling on very hot days. It works very well. You could wire it to a temp switch, but I just turn the fan on and off as needed.

jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
AlTheKillerr

where should i look at getting a pusher fan? would any electric fan work? i think i remember seeing some at advanced auto
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one at the Zoo some time ago.
It could be wired either pusher or puller.
Just be sure you wire it from the battery and not the fuse box.
Best really through a relay if you want a manual switch.
Use some large gauge wire to the relay with a good fuse.

I didn't think much of this when I wired mine from the fuse box.
What a difference in all the other electrical stuff when I rewired it.
The radio even works better now.
Not to mention the main power wire was getting warm!

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.