Another Set of Piss Poor Dealer Service Experiences - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Another Set of Piss Poor Dealer Service Experiences

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 08-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
amswor

Another Set of Piss Poor Dealer Service Experiences

In January of 2012 I took our 2008 JK Rubicon 4DR in for an inspection and was called and informed that I had bad upper and lower ball joints on the left side of the front of the Jeep. I was shocked that these were bad at 60,000 miles because our has never left the pavement except for at the Beach on an annual vacation we take the 4door too at OBX. I had to see for my self. Indeed they were bad. Fast forward 2 weeks after the repair and I have burnt up brakes on the same side due to a grease seal leak that went undetected several days while my wife drove the Jeep out of town. When the vehicle was taken back in for the leak both front grease seals were re replaced along with rear grease seals that I never complained about. I had expected my brake problem to also be taken care of but to my suprise they declined to replace or repair my brakes that had 5000 miles on them that were destroyed by the leaking grease in the front. I finally negotiated a deal to purchase replacement brake parts, if the dealer did the labor to replace the pads and rotors on both sides. Still this should have never happened because they mechanic should have been competent enough to replace a set of ball joints without messing up my Jeep.

Fast forward 6 months (after having grease seals repalced on both sides of the front axle) I now have a squealing noise that occurs when you turn the vehicle to the right on a curve while traveling at highway speeds. This noise is probably a wheel bearing or a C-V joint... Dealer cant hear noise or find problem... SO IM A TELLING THEM A LIE!

I also took the vehicle in because I have a turnsignal socket (the one on the grille on the front right) that I have attempted to change a light bulb in already, that is corroded and not functioning properly that I'm being told by the dealer they are doing for me internally as my service contract wont cover the corrosion of the light socket. (THAT IS FLAT OUT BULL *****) the wiring harness is covered, including the connectors, and the sockets, PERIOD! REPLACE IT! In addition my cigarette lighters are not functioning properly they keep blowing fuses and/or after fuse replacement they dont work. The metal of the socket has deteriorated so badly... and they wont replace them because they are saying that I cause the deterioration... (THIS AGAIN IS BULL *****)

Finally, back in June I noticed a significat amount of rust running down from under my center console so I removed the console and I was shocked to find the part that chrylser/jeep calls the SLED TRY rusted like hell and without any kind of rust protective coating on the metal... I painted this up with some goood self etch rust preventive paint but while I was in there I noticed a huge crack/tear in my rubber boot that goes over my manual tranny shifter. I asked for this boot the be replaced under my MAX CARE warranty as the rubber boot is part of the Shifting Linkage and the linkage is covered. They are telling me that some one intentionally tore the boot??? I'm wondering outloud to them on the phone that under the 12/12 they replace my clutch and throwout bearing due to a clutch fluid leak that no one could find (leaky internal throwout bearing problem)... Did they damage the boot then? by dropping the tranny case down?? I wonder?? They tell me that I have to take the car back to the dealer that did that repair to figure that out??

THIS SUCKS!! CHRYSLER SUCKS!! JEEP SUCKS!! CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS SUCK!! MY CIGARETTE LIGHTERS ARE SPECIFICALLY COVERED IN THE VERBAGE OF THE CONTRACT!! MY WHEEL BEARINGS AND WHEEL JOINTS ARE COVERED AND ONE OF THOSE IS BAD AND NO ONE WANTS TO FIND THE PROBLEM!! AND EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CORRODED CIG LIGHTER AND A CORRODED TURN SIGNAL SOCKET?? I AM SICK OF THIS KIND OF BS!!

The dealer told me because I have an ARB BULL BAR front bumper (that I never cut the turn signal lights in for, and I made pre fabricated fog light connectors so I did not have to hack into the wiring for that either) That chrysler did not want to cover my facory turn signal socket that is in my factory grille because the socket appeared wet (after we drove through pounding thunder storms at 80MPH last night)

When OH When OH When OH When is some one from FIAT, going to go around to these dealers and slap them up side the head with a new RULE BOOK on how to operate and how to handle customer issues and When OH When OH When is Fiat going to take care of fixing our problems!

amswor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
GrassLakeRon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Most dealers want to sell you a car, not fix it. In twenty plus years and 16 vehicles, I have never found a good dealer, for sales or service. The worst was a ford dealer who wouldn't release my car until they had made copies of my music cd's.... No joke.....
GrassLakeRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
GRYDE001
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
The worst was a ford dealer who wouldn't release my car until they had made copies of my music cd's.... No joke.....
LOL....wft???
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Not all dealerships are like this, perhaps you need to take it to another dealer. Max Care should be nationwide, not just with one specific dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
Most dealers want to sell you a car, not fix it. In twenty plus years and 16 vehicles, I have never found a good dealer, for sales or service. The worst was a ford dealer who wouldn't release my car until they had made copies of my music cd's.... No joke.....
I would have went into the shop, lowered the vehicle, told them to **** off, and drove away if they said they needed to do that. Then proceeded to file lawsuits against them.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
GrassLakeRon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Bill Ford kids go to the district that I teach in. One phone call later the dealer in MISSISSIPPI no longer exists.
GrassLakeRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
mello

Worked as a tech in dealership for ten years alot of the warranty lingo is confusing, most warranties beyond factory will cover part but will not cover corrosion. So in turn will not cover part because corrosion was cause of part failure. That is just a way out that I do not agree with.
mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Time to stop wasting your time with dealerships and learn to work on your own stuff.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.