All you guys in 2012 crazy colored jk's... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > All you guys in 2012 crazy colored jk's...

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #91
LittleDemon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHuntsman

You got a soft or hard top? I only lost 1 mpg going from the stock touring to the Rubi rims and BFGs. You can't hear them at all. The new hardtop cancels out a LOT of noise. Just in case you get the itch. lol
I have a soft top. I really want black rims but my A/T tires get through a ton of ****. Went off-roading the past couple days in deep mud, sand and rocks. Did a great job! Really impressed with my machine.

LittleDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #92
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I love bright colored Jeeps.

My wife wants a WK2 and I think their colors are boring.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #93
tangJKU
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDemon12

I have a soft top. I really want black rims but my A/T tires get through a ton of ****. Went off-roading the past couple days in deep mud, sand and rocks. Did a great job! Really impressed with my machine.
Find someone that does powdercoating. I did my stock Jeep rims black and it holds up a heck Alot better than paint jobs or black rims..

image-3937986386.jpg
image-475998520.jpg  
tangJKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #94
LittleDemon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangJKU

Find someone that does powdercoating. I did my stock Jeep rims black and it holds up a heck Alot better than paint jobs or black rims..
I will also look into that. Thanks appreciate the advice. Nice looking machine by the way!
LittleDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #95
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The colors are cool; the engine...time will tell. I know for a fact, since I have an xj with 200k on the 4.0, and a tj with the 4.0, that these engines are burly. Never an issue. The pentastar does have more power, which is great, but longevity? I've already heard about some issues with the pentastar. This is why I bought a tj instead.
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #96
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just got back from miracle Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Gallatin tn, almost got a friend of mine into a crush orange sport, but they only wanted to give him 24,000 for his almost new ram.. Stickers at 37 and he's only driven it 7 thousand miles... Too bad. I drove one with 3 miles on it, crush, softop, manual. It was noticeably smoother driving and more ballsy than my 2010. Kinda want one.... Too bad
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #97
tangJKU
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco
I just got back from miracle Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Gallatin tn, almost got a friend of mine into a crush orange sport, but they only wanted to give him 24,000 for his almost new ram.. Stickers at 37 and he's only driven it 7 thousand miles... Too bad. I drove one with 3 miles on it, crush, softop, manual. It was noticeably smoother driving and more ballsy than my 2010. Kinda want one.... Too bad
I sell them Nick and EVERYONE with a 3.8 wants one...
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #98
CoreyZ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHuntsman View Post
That thing is straight BEAST! Congrats!
Thanks!
Colorado Jeep Club member #217
CoreyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #99
TheHuntsman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangJKU View Post

Attachment 411996
I LOVE the look of the black rims on the Crush JKs. I have them on my Deep Cherry and they look good there, as well. However, they seem to really make the orange POP that much more. Great looking JKU!!!
TheHuntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #100
CoreyZ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
/agreed!

Seriously a good powdercoat can withstand some serious thrashing. You can also get custom with it.... Like if you have an Orange Crush colored jeep, get the wheels with a base coat of orange crush and the powder coated black with a crackle coat. It will make small veins of orange peek through the black powder coat and look really trick up close.
Colorado Jeep Club member #217
CoreyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #101
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I sell them Nick and EVERYONE with a 3.8 wants one...
Do Wranglers really retain their value as much as the dealerships say they do? My last ones 25 years old so i wouldn't know lol. I wonder if I pay off about half my '10 jk if in a few years I could get into a brand new one For around the same payments
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #102
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

If you have a Gecko green Jeep do you have to insure it with Geico???
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #103
dreinecke
2012 JK Wrangler 

I love and miss Rescue Green and wanted a Gecko one (of course, I want a new Challenger in Sublime...but the new green isn't close enough for me) but the wife really wasn't sold on driving it daily with the Gecko. So, we settled on Crush and love it. I agree that the black wheels look fabulous on it. I just saw a Sport model in Crush with the steel wheels that the guy had painted black and put some bigger tires on. It looked fantastic!
2005 KJ - Daughter

www.rmsresins.com
dreinecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #104
Canadian-Bear
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post
The colors are cool.
This is all that you needed to post. The rest of the irrelevant information is exactly the reason why threads go sideways. Keep it relevant to the topic header.

/l ,[____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Canadian-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #105
tangJKU
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmonaco

Do Wranglers really retain their value as much as the dealerships say they do? My last ones 25 years old so i wouldn't know lol. I wonder if I pay off about half my '10 jk if in a few years I could get into a brand new one For around the same payments
They do hold their value the best in their class. Now, that being said, there isn't many vehicles that are in the same class. I think it's just between Toyota FJs and Honda CRVs...but we have 2010 Saharas priced the same as new sport unlimiteds...and I've seen good trade values on them coming in and that's the reason I went with a Jeep after seeing my previous trucks valued top to almost nothing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.