All you guys in 2012 crazy colored jk's... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > All you guys in 2012 crazy colored jk's...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #46
TheHuntsman
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJsport View Post
Just picked it up on Monday! Waited about 6 weeks for the order but it was SO worth it! Dallas is a sea of white and silver and black cars/trucks/jeeps, its hysterical to overhear people at work talking about "that green jeep outside."

People either love it or hate it, the ones that love it, tell you, the ones that dont just say, "it sure is green isn't it." Could not be happier with it!

Also, Haven't experienced the hood flutter either.
AWESOME! Enjoy!

TheHuntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #47
thejagtuca
2012 JK Wrangler 

O nothing, just another Crush for ya lol.

image-3943827148.jpg
Crush '12 JK... Future Mods: RK 2.5 Max Travel Pro w Bilstein 5100s, GY 315/70/17 DuraTracs, PC 7069 Flat Blacks, PS Brawler Lite Front w Bar & Winch, GR Aluminum Rear Tire Carrier, RI 50" & 10" SR LED Light Bars, AEV Heat Reduction Hood
thejagtuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #48
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
I have a mango tango, does that make me cool?

yes it does.
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #49
jeepester12

Love my black forest green
jeepester12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #50
gmfcma
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Black Forest Green
sometimes you just have to hit the light just right.
it has a lot of metal flake in there.
love it
img_0818.jpg   img_0819.jpg  
gmfcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #51
Coppage
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSt59Dave

totally in love with the natural green...pretty close match to my 78 CJ5. I had to wait on this one for a couple months to get within 500 miles but I am totally happy with the '12. I tossed and turned for a while about an '11 with 0% and have to go with leftovers(all cherry red, white or silver) or go with this. I like the fact that there are not a lot of NG '12s since they dropped the color pretty early in the manufacturing...still dont understand why...leftover paint?? I picked right!
Hey Dave,
What brand/model is your winch bumper? Like you choice of color!

Thanks,
Mike
Coppage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #52
badtux
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrubberg View Post
I have a man crush on the new black forest green...
Don't crush on it. It has all the worst traits of black -- pinstriping shows up like crazy, and if you don't wash it twice a week it looks like crud. I think I washed my silver '06 maybe a half dozen times during the entire six years that I owned it, dirt pretty much blended in with the silver. My black forest green 2012 looks so trashy when it's dirty that I can barely last a week before giving in and washing it.

I loved the idea of a green Jeep, but the reality is that the silver for my old '06 worked way better for a Jeep...
Unread 05-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #53
gmfcma
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtux View Post
-- pinstriping shows up like crazy, and if you don't wash it twice a week it looks like crud. ...
i agree it shows dirt like crazy, but it looks good cleaned up.
but my jeep is dirty more than clean.
oh well
gmfcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #54
AppSt59Dave
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppage

Hey Dave,
What brand/model is your winch bumper? Like you choice of color!

Thanks,
Mike
Body Armor. Good bumper so far. Mounted up quick, no pump relocation needed. Lots of holes for aux lighting.
Unread 05-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #55
ent8500
2012 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJsport
Just picked it up on Monday! Waited about 6 weeks for the order but it was SO worth it! Dallas is a sea of white and silver and black cars/trucks/jeeps, its hysterical to overhear people at work talking about "that green jeep outside."

People either love it or hate it, the ones that love it, tell you, the ones that dont just say, "it sure is green isn't it." Could not be happier with it!

Also, Haven't experienced the hood flutter either.
I agree! Have the same color and in Dallas. It's funny to hear the comments inside the office.
image-1634669876.jpg   image-2536963660.jpg  
ent8500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #56
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

still mad they don't off the mango tango anymore, honestly was my favorite color well over all the others. and whatever that blueish gray was. if i ever get borred enough of my silver, its going to one of those two colors
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #57
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHerman View Post
I was a young man when aluminum engines were first introduced. I know technology has come a long way, but I have a certain amount of cringe with the Pentastar for that reason.* I put 260K on a straight-6 Cherokee and never touched the drive train in any way, so I know Chrysler can make a great engine. I hope that after its been under heavy use for a while, that the Pentastar still looks as good as it does now.

I think I'll wait until it's proven before I look at upgrading, for that reason. Everything else, I love. I'd love to see progress reports when the engines have been exposed to strain under different temperature conditions.

*(For younger readers, the first aluminum engines were a disaster because of aluminum's tendency to expand/contract in response to temperature changes. It was mated with steel heads and the resulting difference in expanding and contracting often lead to cracks in the metal.)
i thought about this also, but the grand cheokee has been using these engines and they seem to be holding up. 8500 miles on mine and so far so good no pinging or knocking. we shall see.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #58
rivenrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHuntsman
A guy at the dealer I bought my Deep Cherry JK from was test driving a JKU in Gecko Pearl when I was taking delivery. It was one of the few newer JKU's I've seen with a stick. The sales manager said that they rarely ever order them because JKU owners usually want auto and all the other options. The guy made them take the top off for him for the test drive. I've got to admit. It looked awesome. If I had the extra 10k to blow I might have thought about it. It was really sharp.
2012 JKS, Deep Cherry Pearl with the manual. Boom, brother.
rivenrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #59
yetioffroad
2012 JK Wrangler 

More Orange Crush checking in, still stock though
1329923511578.jpg  
yetioffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #60
craig1024
2007 JK Wrangler 

I love the Gecko Green, Orange Crush, and whatever the bright blue color is. I just picked up my 07 JKU Sahara in Rescue Green and love the looks and comments I get. Funky colors are the best, but I really can't say much bad about any of the colors I've seen on the JK except that some aren't available anymore!+
craig1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.