to all my fellow tj'rs I wanna know what tires you're all running, pros and cons - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > to all my fellow tj'rs I wanna know what tires you're all running, pros and cons

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #16
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1
For those running the goodyear mtr's, how are they wearing ? Are you getting decent mileage out of them. I dont want to buy new tires every 15,000 miles.
At about 19k. Around 40k seems like it will be about right. They do seem to be getting a bit harder to balance as they wear which is a little annoying. Rotate regularly and no obvious wear irregularities though.

Unread 12-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
MightyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1
For those running the goodyear mtr's, how are they wearing ? Are you getting decent mileage out of them. I dont want to buy new tires every 15,000 miles.
I've only had my tires for 6,000 miles. I rotated around 3,500 miles. As of right now, I can see that there is no noticeable wear. I'm thinking if I keep up with rotating them regularly, I can see a long life for these tires.
MightyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #18
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Ive run
Street tires - enough said.
33x10.5 TrXus MT - The best tire ive run so far. Road manners arent that bad, and they hooked up pretty good for what they were.
32" BFG MTs and 33" BFG MTs - both a decent tire. No where near a swamper. They suck on wet roads.
31" Duratracs - Not a bad tire. Suprised me offroad with what they can do. Road manners are ok. I cant wait to try them in icy snow.

I have a set fo 35" MTR/Ks in my garage. Hopefully I can run them soon.
Unread 12-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #19
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, thanks guys.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #20
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am currently running Dick Cepek FC II's. I have had for about 12k miles. Excellent on dry pavement, wet pavement, packed and deep snow and I really like them in the sand. Horrible in mud unless you can spin the crap out of them to get them to clean. No real experience on the rocks.

For an AT type tire, they are a bit loud on the road. They do like to pick up rocks in the tread though. Something that bugs me a bit. For what I need, they serve my needs well. If I had to guess, I think they will make it 45k to 50k miles with proper rotations and inflations.

In the past I have had Toyo Open Country MT's. Excellent tires. A bit heavy, but easy to balance. Quieter than my Dick Cepeks. Excellent on all pavement, fair in the sand, great in mud, no experience on the rocks. I never had them in the snow, they were on polished wheels and I am too damn old to polish wheels! lol They wore like iron on the TJ I had them on, but I sold it. I would guess with proper rotation and inflation, 40k miles of good life.

I have also had Super Swamper SSR's. The radial swamper is very nice on road. Balanced surprisingly well. Amazing in mud of all kinds, wet muddy rocks, wet roads, deep snow and somewhat livable in packed snow. I would guess they would have lasted 20k - 25k miles with proper rotations and inflations.
Unread 12-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #21
ThatJeepGuy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mickey Thompson mtz 33x12.5x15 - I love these tires. Decent on the road yet very aggressive. I compare them to km2s which is what my two brothers run. I think they are a better trail and mud tire by far. The tread on the side of the tire is not there for show. I think km2s have a VERY slight advantage on the rocks. But my mtz tires still kick *** on the rocks. I am a mickey Thompson fan for life now. I'm going to try the baja claws next.
I had a set of procomp a/t on when I bought the jeep. Road good. EVERYTHING else was a joke!! I hate procomp tires...
93YJ / 4'' lift / 33'' mtzs / aussie locker in hpd30 / pos d35 in rear(for now) / xrc rock sliders & rear xrc tube fenders tj style/ AJ's offroad rear bumper and tire carrier / LP10000 Superwinch / SQUARE HEADLIGHTS

No farms no food

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-tube-fender-write-up-1325289/[/url]

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/thatjeepguys-pennsylvania-jeep-build-1365784/[/url]
ThatJeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

BFG AT's in 33x10.50/15 on my 06 LJ.

Excellent on the street and I haven't had any traction issues with them wheeling in Moab or in Ouray, CO.
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:54 AM   #23
deadwalkinsammy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You guys are being a great help, the only reason I don't trust the reviews pages is because companies will go into forums and up talk their product as regular Joe shmoe to boost sales, even though they could be glorified pieces of crapso those of you who are helping, its appreciated, those who are criticizing thanks anyway
deadwalkinsammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #24
iowajeep54
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have cooper tires? I want to get some because they're American made. Cooper at3.
iowajeep54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #25
teepjj

I got the km2 s and I love them
teepjj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #26
themadhatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowajeep54 View Post
Anyone have cooper tires? I want to get some because they're American made. Cooper at3.
Subscribed for feedback.
themadhatter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.