Advantages of JK over TJ?? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Advantages of JK over TJ??

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #76
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGerbil View Post
When I bought my Jeep the salesperson, on his check list, was required to show me how to manually roll a window up and down.
True story.
Couldn't you just request they don't include windows? Problem solved

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #77
Habber

Can we request no salespeople at dealerships too?

Jeep TJ 2001 4.0 5MT
Habber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #78
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
I say tj! when i drove the jk i didn't feel like i was driving a Jeep, it didn't have much power, and it wasn't all that smooth.

Tj vs jk vs YJ..... I say YJ!!!!!! :-)
Isn't that what "real" Jeeps ARE?!!

This is for the earlier pages of idiocy
I cannot take anyone serious that says a CJ, YJ and TJ are the only real Jeeps.

If a real Jeep has a crappy driveline and/or suspension, then you can keep your "real" Jeeps. By the time you fix all the weak parts, its not a Jeep anymore, its a custom rig.

Metal this and metal that, pah, have fun with 10mpg too. My fenders won't turn brown with rust while getting a reasonable 17-20mpg.

I had a Cj7 and a YJ, and got sick of how often they broke. My JK? 2" spacers and 33s, taken everything I've thrown at it and never been in a shop, unlike the fragile CJ and YJ I had which practically lived in the shop.

And the TJs are no better with their stock drivelines and suspension, short of a Rubicon. At least you can take a JK offroad and not worry about cheap control arms or weak rear axles or breaking frame rails or tearing off steering boxes etc... On top of that, its easier to take apart and maintain.

I drive my JK to colorado, utah etc... every year and its the first Jeep I wasn't worried about weak parts leaving me stranded.

"real" Jeeps, what a joke.

*disclaimer* I love all Jeeps and my CJ and YJ, but the people who hate on the JK really are dillusional
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #79
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Why I would never trade my TJ for a JK:
Size restrictions on some of the trails I run: 95" Wheelbase, 75" Width.
Sorry, No JK's allowed.

When I am done with these tight Northwest trails, I may want the creature comforts of the Trail Cow. The heated seats would be nice for snow wheeling.

No hate for the JK. It just can't fit everywhere here.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #80
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post

Isn't that what "real" Jeeps ARE?!!

This is for the earlier pages of idiocy
I cannot take anyone serious that says a CJ, YJ and TJ are the only real Jeeps.

If a real Jeep has a crappy driveline and/or suspension, then you can keep your "real" Jeeps. By the time you fix all the weak parts, its not a Jeep anymore, its a custom rig.

Metal this and metal that, pah, have fun with 10mpg too. My fenders won't turn brown with rust while getting a reasonable 17-20mpg.

I had a Cj7 and a YJ, and got sick of how often they broke. My JK? 2" spacers and 33s, taken everything I've thrown at it and never been in a shop, unlike the fragile CJ and YJ I had which practically lived in the shop.

And the TJs are no better with their stock drivelines and suspension, short of a Rubicon. At least you can take a JK offroad and not worry about cheap control arms or weak rear axles or breaking frame rails or tearing off steering boxes etc... On top of that, its easier to take apart and maintain.

I drive my JK to colorado, utah etc... every year and its the first Jeep I wasn't worried about weak parts leaving me stranded.

"real" Jeeps, what a joke.

*disclaimer* I love all Jeeps and my CJ and YJ, but the people who hate on the JK really are dillusional
I ment the interior didn't feel like a Jeep. The way the steering wheel was and everything, i truly felt like i was driving a mini van
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #81
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I had a Cj7 and a YJ, and got sick of how often they broke. ...unlike the fragile CJ and YJ I had which practically lived in the shop.
I thought you were describing a Fiat for a moment...
jjvw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #82
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have two TJs, an LJ Rubi and a JKU Rubi. They are all real Wranglers. The tops come off, doors come off, windshield folds down and all have drain plugs in the floor. Drive the JK, if it's built the way you want and you like the feel go for it. If it stills needs lots of mods then sink the money into your TJ instead. Myself I'd be more interested in a 2012+ for the 3.6 engine.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #83
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

everything I've thrown at it and never been in a shop, unlike the fragile CJ and YJ I had which practically lived in the shop.
What is this shop you speak of?

When my things break I fix them...
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #84
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
went thru your build thread, you have done some very nice bolt on mods.
now, how about posting some action shots so we know you actually use it.
wheeling at the mall doesn't count.
Ok as soon as my mopar half doors get out of paint and I get my power headted mirrors put on them I will put some rocks under it

Oh and FYI I had to take the bolts off as well.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #85
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogleparsons View Post

What is this shop you speak of?

When my things break I fix them...
So do the rest of us. We just have gotten so sick of doing it in a blizzard in someone else's driveway that we bought a place with a garage with multiple bays, typically with a bay referred to as "the shop".

I spent so much time working on the YJ that it's storage is officially in the shop bay while the JK gets driven daily.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #86
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
So do the rest of us. We just have gotten so sick of doing it in a blizzard in someone else's driveway that we bought a place with a garage with multiple bays, typically with a bay referred to as "the shop".

I spent so much time working on the YJ that it's storage is officially in the shop bay while the JK gets driven daily.
Damn those Texas blizzards are a *****

:P
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #87
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I have two TJs, an LJ Rubi and a JKU Rubi. They are all real Wranglers. The tops come off, doors come off, windshield folds down and all have drain plugs in the floor.
I forgot they also have solid axles and round headlights

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #88
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
I forgot they also have solid axles and round headlights
So does my Power Wheels Barbie car!
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #89
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post

This. to a lesser extent in my case, I worked on my own stuff too, but refer to it as being in "the shop" to get the idea across that they were not in any sense, reliable.

The CJ was better than the YJ as far as not breaking driveline parts, but it made up for it in breaking its frame, shoving the engine into the radiator and a general lack of structural integrity .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
I thought you were describing a Fiat for a moment...
No, sorry, I was describing 2 Renaults (both close enough) but at least they weren't Daimler.
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #90
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
LOL, I could have 2 JK's for what I've got in my TJ......

And I'd still rather have my TJ for what I do and what I like. Nothing against JK's at all, they're great vehicles. But there are constraints in place that make them unattractive to me from a certain point of view (tub is flush with the frame in the rear, for example). I could go take a JK off the lot today but you don't see me doing that. Envy is not part of the equation here and I doubt it is for most.
Amen

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.