Advantages of JK over TJ?? - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Advantages of JK over TJ??

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #151
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Everybody is beating up on JEEPs, can't believe it.

Each series over the years brings its own high points and some deficiencies. But JEEP hands down is the most capable and modified worldwide and is I think the most popular.

I wheel with a mixed bag the occasional CJ, my YJ, the TJs and all the new JKs. I am always impressed with the capabilities of the various models.

The best part no matter what model there are enough mods out there to make it your very own very few are alike.

Yes I am addicted and my YJ and me will be together until the end. We are both slow and old but very capable.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #152
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Everybody is beating up on JEEPs, can't believe it.

Each series over the years brings its own high points and some deficiencies. But JEEP hands down is the most capable and modified worldwide and is I think the most popular.

I wheel with a mixed bag the occasional CJ, my YJ, the TJs and all the new JKs. I am always impressed with the capabilities of the various models.

The best part no matter what model there are enough mods out there to make it your very own very few are alike.

Yes I am addicted and my YJ and me will be together until the end. We are both slow and old but very capable.
Toyota/Lexus and Land Rover/Range Rover give Jeep a run for its money outside of the United States as far as popular off road vehicles go.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #153
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
Toyota/Lexus and Land Rover/Range Rover give Jeep a run for its money outside of the United States as far as popular off road vehicles go.
Way to take a comment out of context.

Toyota and Land Rover even overseas, are still not modified anywhere near as extensively as Jeeps are. Internationally other brands may be more POPULAR (hell, even in the US Toyota outsells Jeep), but they're certainly not as heavily modified. This is due mostly to how easy and readily available modification is for a Jeep.

Jeeps will always be the go to platform for those that like a canvas to paint the picture they want, as opposed to buying a piece someone else has already painted.

[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #154
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Unread 07-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #155
DJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Advantages to jk over TJ.... None (unless getting groceries)

End of thread.
DJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #156
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Clearly the only way to solve this it's for someone to test the two vehicles out. A tj with 33's and 3" lift and a jk with the same. Take then both offroad through various obstacles and see which one performs better...

Actually i doubt this would settle anything, but actually intensify this argument. It would be fun to watch the video though! :-)
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #157
flyfisher12
2012 JK Wrangler 

You guys all crack me up. My jeep is the best because it beats the crap out of me and i am a man because of it...This is just a pissing contest plain and simple. I owned a YJ and now own a dreaded 4 door 2012 JK. If i was getting a Jeep that was a non DD i would still go JK. To run the same tires and lift on my YJ would be exponentially more expensive than on the JK. I also have no problems being comfortable in my vehicle and the JK gets the nod there. I do like the simplicity of the YJ though but i'll take the power, comfort and off road ability of the JK.
flyfisher12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #158
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher12 View Post
You guys all crack me up. My jeep is the best because it beats the crap out of me and i am a man because of it...This is just a pissing contest plain and simple. I owned a YJ and now own a dreaded 4 door 2012 JK. If i was getting a Jeep that was a non DD i would still go JK. To run the same tires and lift on my YJ would be exponentially more expensive than on the JK. I also have no problems being comfortable in my vehicle and the JK gets the nod there. I do like the simplicity of the YJ though but i'll take the power, comfort and off road ability of the JK.
we were comparing tjs and jks

tjs are much more comfortable than yjs, and much cheaper to run quality parts to get the desired tire size/lift height than yj's
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #159
flyfisher12
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
we were comparing tjs and jks

tjs are much more comfortable than yjs, and much cheaper to run quality parts to get the desired tire size/lift height than yj's
This is true but the premise is the same. I don't think anyone would mistake a JK for anything but a Jeep which is what this boils down too. Creature comforts just have to be there to keep up with the market.
flyfisher12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #160
dodgethejeep

Kinda looks like a hummer with the 4 dr and top on.
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #161
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Very true. Jeep is big here that is about it. Everywhere else you see very few of them on the road. Why, because they are more expensive to buy and maintain than the other guys.

As to which I prefer a TJ over a JK. I would prefer both. I currently have a CJ, and a TJ wouldn't mind getting a JK. I would probably have to sell my 1977 Bronco. Wait that 1977 Bronco doesn't have any on board computers, oxygen sensors, or any of the other 15-20 items controling the idle. Nope I changed my mind. I prefer old school ;-)
Evian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #162
Lovemachine
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like the JKU's. A lot. But I will admit I find its odd that they changed the engine more than once...

I have had my '05 TJ Sport (shoulda bought a rubicon) since I bought it brand new. It's all paid off. And since the JK's are VERY expensive, and I have been spoiled by not having car payments, I won't be buying a JK anytime soon.

I still want one. But for me, I think it's wiser to just rebuild my TJ.

Plus, that gives me more money to finance my other hobbies. Guns
Lovemachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #163
GrassLakeRon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethejeep View Post
Kinda looks like a hummer with the 4 dr and top on.
The same demographic is buying it as well. When you ask them to go wheeling and they stair at their tires.....with a stupid look like "yes it has wheels, why wouldn't it"
GrassLakeRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #164
Utah_Jay
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemachine View Post
I like the JKU's. A lot. But I will admit I find its odd that they changed the engine more than once...
The engine change wasn't necessarily done for Jeep. Chrysler Developed the 3.6 Pentastar back in 2009 and it made its debut in 2011 in several other vehicles before finding its way into the wrangler.
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #165
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Jay View Post
The engine change wasn't necessarily done for Jeep. Chrysler Developed the 3.6 Pentastar back in 2009 and it made its debut in 2011 in several other vehicles before finding its way into the wrangler.
Thank God. I like the 3.6 it is quite peppy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.