7/70 Warranty - Drivetrain Only or Bumper to Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > 7/70 Warranty - Drivetrain Only or Bumper to Bumper

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Agar426
Registered User
1974 CJ6 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Posts: 299
7/70 Warranty - Drivetrain Only or Bumper to Bumper

So, my blower motor gave out on my '05 Rubicon (not the deal where only the first three speeds give out, it won't work on any speed), and I set an appt at the dealer, but then he made a casual comment about the bumper to bumper being out of warranty, but I was heading out the door, so it didn't sink in 'til I got home.

Regardless, if the 7/70 is drivetrain only, then I will cancel my appt and go to my local shop, cuz the dealer is an hour away, and will burn a day of vacation time.

Thanks!

Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
DevilDogDoc
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yucca Valley 20 miles from Johnson Valley, CA
Posts: 1,835
7/70 was powertrain only. b/b was 3 /36
__________________
An ugly Jeep with some stuff.
DevilDogDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
Noxian
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 1,136
Replace it yourself anyway, the blower motor simply has a plastic clip and the whole assembly rotates out. I did mine in the parking lot of the dealership after I got the new part from the parts department.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Agar426
Registered User
1974 CJ6 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogDoc View Post
7/70 was powertrain only. b/b was 3 /36
That's what I figured...thanks!
Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Agar426
Registered User
1974 CJ6 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian View Post
Replace it yourself anyway, the blower motor simply has a plastic clip and the whole assembly rotates out. I did mine in the parking lot of the dealership after I got the new part from the parts department.
Sounds simple enough....but what if it's not the blower? Could it be the switch? My apologies....I shouldn't have stated that the blower went out, cuz I actually don't know if that's the case. All I know is that it won't work on any speed.
Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
Noxian
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agar426 View Post
Sounds simple enough....but what if it's not the blower? Could it be the switch? My apologies....I shouldn't have stated that the blower went out, cuz I actually don't know if that's the case. All I know is that it won't work on any speed.
Usualy if its the switch it will only work in specific settings, if its the resistor same thing. If the blower motor is bad it wont work at all, or may spin very slowly on any speed.

You can easily check this your self if you have a 12volt test light or multimeter

Simply disconnect the plug going into the blower motor and plug the test light or multimeter in and see if you see voltage, if you dont then your problem is elsewhere if you do then your problem is the blower motor.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #7
Agar426
Registered User
1974 CJ6 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Alamos, NM
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxian View Post
Usualy if its the switch it will only work in specific settings, if its the resistor same thing. If the blower motor is bad it wont work at all, or may spin very slowly on any speed.

You can easily check this your self if you have a 12volt test light or multimeter

Simply disconnect the plug going into the blower motor and plug the test light or multimeter in and see if you see voltage, if you dont then your problem is elsewhere if you do then your problem is the blower motor.
Excellent info! Will check it out....Thanks to all!

What's irritating is that it never showed signs of going out or behaving oddly. It simply worked one day, nothing the next. No warning, no funny noises, etc.
Agar426 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
Noxian
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agar426 View Post
Excellent info! Will check it out....Thanks to all!

What's irritating is that it never showed signs of going out or behaving oddly. It simply worked one day, nothing the next. No warning, no funny noises, etc.
Yup that's exactly how mine died, only it was at -20C in the middle of the winter
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
blower motor , tj , wrangler , warranty , bumper to bumper

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.