Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4LO- 1st gear and no pressure on the gas.

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Ozarkwoods 
#1 ·
A couple of my friends and I spent 4hrs this weekend letting the TJ drive itself. If you have never put the Jeep in 4lo and first gear and just let the jeep do the work itself....you gotta try it. It's awesome how it will climb anything you throw at it. We did have to get the tractor to pull it off of a log....didn't see it.:cheers2:

#2 ·
I agree- Theres nothing quite like just cruising along at .5 MPH through the woods. If you're pretty ambitious and on a straight easy part, try doing that, then sitting up on the roll bar and steering with your feet- THAT'S FUN!! I love Jeeps

Brandon

#14 ·
If you're pretty ambitious and on a straight easy part, try doing that, then sitting up on the roll bar and steering with your feet- THAT'S FUN!! I love Jeeps
I expect to see you in a YouTube video in the near future.

Something like this:

(Sorry, don't know how to embed a video.)

#5 ·
Does the computer adjust idle speed to prevent stalling? Hmm.........I'll have to try it.
Yes the IAC compensates up to the limit of it's ability to bypass air past the throttle blades to prevent stalling. Which in 4LO 1'st gets you a long ways. The ECU simply thinks the engine is at idle during this time.

I've used the above method and yes it works great for certain situations

#12 ·
...put the Jeep in 4lo and first gear and just let the jeep do the work itself...
If more people would learn this there would be a lot fewer clutches getting burned up and fewer bent/broken parts.

I suspect the last time you made a discovery that much fun, you probably used a condom.
...Or should have used one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.